2 OHM stable?

Daniel
10+ year member

Caraudio.com
SFLA
Ok, i think that I am done looking for amps now and i have came to narrow it down to these three amps. But first i want to know if these two amps are 2 ohm stable, and if my subs can handle the 2 ohm amps.

I want to know if the Profile Cali series 800sx is 2 ohm stable.

I also want to know if this PG amp is 2 ohm stable.http://www.carstereotime.com/phoenixgold/xs2500.htm

And the jbl 600.1

The subs I want to power are blaupunkt pcwi1200's, two of them. I am trying to put them in a sealed box with less than 1 cuft. [per sub to get more than 200w rms. Would this work with one of these subs? and Which amp should i get?

It says the PG amp is a 2 channel mosfet amplifier, whats that mean?

How many watts rms will i get from the JBL 600.1 if i hook it up to BOTH of these speakers at 4 ohms, and how many at 2 ohms?

The PG amp is a stereo amp which can probably be bridged to one channel. Not sure about the PG, but alot of amps are not stable at 2 ohms bridged (two 4 ohm subs wired in parallel and bridged on the amp). The JBL power series amps are said to be underrated. The bp600.1 is a one channel (mono) only amp. The specs are 300 watts rms at 4 ohms, or 600 watts rms at 2 or 1 ohm(s) (no increased power from 2 to 1 ohm). They are stable at 1 ohm. If your subs are 4 ohm single voice coil, then wiring them in parallel would create a single 2 ohm load. The amp would do 600 watts rms (at least) so roughly 300 per sub.

You will have no problems at 2 ohms with the PG XS2500. I have even used this amp at 1 ohm for a while and it has performed flawlessly. The PG XS series was quite the good line up of amplifiers, this should easily push your woofers.

take it easy,

-zane

would it be a better idea to get the PG over the profile which does 200w rms @ 4 ohm, or the PG which does 250w rms @ 2ohms? profile is alot cheaper, money doesnt really matter, but wouldnt the profile be easier to install? The profile says 300x2@2ohms, doesnt that mean it is 2 ohm stable? and IF i get the PG, should i use a sealed box less than 1 cuft, in parallel position to get it running 2 ohm?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.