2 nd battery ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

info
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I got a ?

I got a new ( used ) oroin 800.4 amp . I am using it for subs, I did bridge the amp , I still need to set the set points . When this amp hits , the lights dim . I did some reading . I Know it's cause of the small car alt. , I read I could install a capicator or ex. battery for the amp . Would this help ?

This thing is super crazy man .

The audio shop I go to sometimes has a battery for this ( stinger dry cell) $185. There is best buy , I don't know I'd they sell that or is this what I need for long term.

Thanks

Rick

Buy the dekas sold on this site, good deals. Also do the big 3 before you upgrade the batt though. That may stop the dimming without spending money on another batt.

Take measurements of how big of a battery you can fit in the car (under hood) and see what is available at local stores. Also if your running 0/1 gauge or multiple wires try to find one that has top and side posts.

I have a rather large battery under the hood (about 3x bigger then stock) and now that I have larger wire and big 3 I need to get top and side posts.

A Cap will only help for short bursts, they are meant to charge/discharge fast but it wont be able to keep up to most high powered systems. For the price of a large cap you can get a nice audio battery or stock one.

good reply very good the big three may fix his problem with out spending a bunch of money on a battery that wont do anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

info

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
info
Evansville Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date