2 channel + mono? just 4 channel? is what im trying to do even possible? if not what can i do to make this **** work?

Participant count
  • Participant list

E39.Saucyassbo.510

BMW e39 5 series with dummy slaap! Yafeelme cutty
another newb question. can i use a 2 channel amplifier for rear speakers only and still have my factory front components work? i just got the 4 way coaxial 6x9s i ordered and im trying to inststall them. just not sure on the amp i should get. im trying to run 2 subwoofers also, so can i run a 2 channel for the 6x9s and a mono for subs? or should i get a 4 channel and bridge 3&4. i have factory stereo, and i want my front component speakers to still work. any suggestions anyone?

another newb question. can i use a 2 channel amplifier for rear speakers only and still have my factory front components work? i just got the 4 way coaxial 6x9s i ordered and im trying to inststall them. just not sure on the amp i should get. im trying to run 2 subwoofers also, so can i run a 2 channel for the 6x9s and a mono for subs? or should i get a 4 channel and bridge 3&4. i have factory stereo, and i want my front component speakers to still work. any suggestions anyone?
my subs are 250 watt rms each and my 6x9s are 125watt rms each
factory components up front with factory radio

For ease of install and less wiring I would go with a 4 channel amp and bridge channels 3 and 4 for your subs. Your subs are Dual 4 Ohm VC's so you will need to wire them in Series/Parallel to achieve a 4 Ohm final load as seen in this link (Option 2): https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/subwoofer-wiring-diagrams.asp?Q=2&I=42

Since you plan on running your front stock components and factory radio, you will need a line output converter so that you can use the rear channels to feed your amp. I recommend the Audio Control LC2i for this if you can afford it. The NVX XLCA2 is also a good unit. But you DEFINITELY need an LoC for what you are trying to do, speaker level inputs on amps really sound terrible, especially on stock rear channels.

Last edited:
For ease of install and less wiring I would go with a 4 channel amp and bridge channels 3 and 4 for your subs. Your subs are Dual 4 Ohm VC's so you will need to wire them in Series/Parallel to achieve a 4 Ohm final load as seen in this link (Option 2): https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/subwoofer-wiring-diagrams.asp?Q=2&I=42

Since you plan on running your front stock components and factory radio, you will need a line output converter so that you can use the rear channels to feed your amp. I recommend the Audio Control LC2i for this if you can afford it. The NVX XLCA2 is also a good unit. But you DEFINITELY need an LoC for what you are trying to do, speaker level inputs on amps really sound terrible, especially on stock rear channels.
Also make sure you read the instructions on the LoC so that you level match the signal from your stereo to the Amp (the Maximized LED light on both products I suggested), then read up on how to set your gains properly on an amp. The gain dial is not a volume knob and you can easily blow your speakers if they are distorted/clipping at high volume due to too much gain.

I recommend getting an amp with more RMS power than you need so you can dial back the gain knob to match your RMS ratings on your speakers rather than turning it all the way up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.