2 channel amp

can a 2 channel power a subwoofer that is a dual voice coil?? i wouldn't know what the ohms would have anything to do with it but is it possile?
my older bro gave me a amp he is no longer using, its a power acoustic bamf 1800/2
I would wire the voice coils together and bridge the amp if it is in fact bridgeable. Also, what is each coil?(ohms wise that is)

I really dont know what kind of sub or what to get, i want some pretty good bass, umm i dont really know of any brands other than i guess "mainstream" brands, but they cost so much money :/

my budget for a sub and a box is around $300

Yes you can connect the sub to that amp, that would be no problem. hook up one coil per channel.
I am curious what would happen if the amplifier is receiving a stereo signal under this setup (L/R channels with not necessarily the same content).

I am curious what would happen if the amplifier is receiving a stereo signal under this setup (L/R channels with not necessarily the same content).
just use one channel from the unit with a y? i'd do that with a home audio sub, would that same concept apply with car audio?

the signal would sum together, just like it would in a crossover ... and both channels are most likely in-phase so you won't get any cancellation.

and depending on the impedance of the subs, hooking them in parallel and bridging the amp may overload the amp and burn it.. so check you load first before you do anything.. there's no free lunch

Ok so my understanding is that it powers 300w x2 at 4 ohms, 380w x2 at 2 ohms, and 760w x1 at 4 ohms... Any suggestions on a sub with these numbers at around $300 or less

the signal would sum together, just like it would in a crossover ... and both channels are most likely in-phase so you won't get any cancellation.and depending on the impedance of the subs, hooking them in parallel and bridging the amp may overload the amp and burn it.. so check you load first before you do anything.. there's no free lunch
love that saying (theres no free lunch) lol and look into ssa, sundown, dc audio there are loads of good brands out there i would suggest d2 voice coil in series for 4 ohms

how much do these dc subs cost?? i was on their website the level 2's intrigue me and their subs look pretty good, but they look expensive...

i've read up on the ohms thing's and how they change on how you wire subs, and as for my amp well 560w at 4 ohms bridged is i guess where i get the most power out of it, ive looked up on subs and i think i will go with i believe AQ audio...either 2 sdc2.0-10, 2 sdc2.0-12, or 1 sdc2.5-12

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

AQ is pretty affordable and youtube has some pretty good videos on these subs

Whatever sub you choose just be sure it's either a single 4 ohm coil or dual 2 ohm so it can be wired as 4 ohms. That'll match your amp the best.

can a 2 channel power a subwoofer that is a dual voice coil?? i wouldn't know what the ohms would have anything to do with it but is it possile?
my older bro gave me a amp he is no longer using, its a power acoustic bamf 1800/2
you will need to buy a single voice coil 4 ohm sub and bridge the amp for summed mono operation.... V.C. impedance has everything to do with running a 2 ch amp, or any amp, for that matter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.