Wanting to buy a 4 channel amp, 100 watts rms x 4

Participant count
  • Participant list
$100 is unrealistic budget. You can get close to 100watts by buying MB Quart ONX4.80 from sonicelectronix. I checked today, their price was $96, but this will not last. This is a 4x80watt amplifier. I honestly think your ears will not be able to tell a difference between 80 and 100watts of power. Most speakers will not take that much power anyways. 60watts is enough to make some >100watt speakers lose control under a torture test, unless you set your HP filter at something like 125Hz (unrealistic, no one wants to do that..)

Actually, my preference would be to buy Kenwood X450-4 amplifier from sonicelectronix for $130 as long as their black friday deal lasts. This is a hybrid 4x100+4x60watt amplifier with the 2x100watt section being rumored to be Class D (so hopefully it will run cooler, use less current). It has a built in fan, which is nice to have if you really will use those 100watts of power.

Wow. Nice find on that Kenwood. Looks like a good one. And a smoking deal. I love staggered outputs. Especially for running active whenyour tweets don't need 100 flippin watts like people seem to think they do.

I don't want to start a speaker thread,lol, so I have these speakers new still in box. (Naxa NX-774 800 Watt Pair 6.5 Inch 2-Way Coaxial Car Stereo Speakers) If the specs are correct, there 120 watts rms per speaker. My plan for the amp Im hunting is for these mids up front, and 100 rms subs in back,

so now ... same amps you posted before???

I don't want to start a speaker thread,lol, so I have these speakers new still in box. (Naxa NX-774 800 Watt Pair 6.5 Inch 2-Way Coaxial Car Stereo Speakers) If the specs are correct, there 120 watts rms per speaker. My plan for the amp Im hunting is for these mids up front, and 100 rms subs in back,
so now ... same amps you posted before???
Yep. That will be perfect. You'll be surprised how loud 60w per channel on a pair of coax will get. I say snag it.

Really? how so?
The same way anything cheap and unreliable is garbage. It's like those cheap socket sets you get for $5 from the dollar store or wherever versus getting Snap-On. The $5 set might be good for the wife, but they won't do any real work.

Or getting an eBay turbo versus a Garrett.

Hubcaps vs. forged wheels

Timex vs. Rolex

I don't know how else to explain it. It's cheap crap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.