2 amps on one battery?

Participant count
  • Participant list

beartoe

I currently have a 900w pioneer amp running my 2 comps. I have another pioneer amp (760w) that I'm not using but wanted to add to the battery to run 2 more sub's. I talked to a guy a a shop if I could do this and he said I would need a HOalt, another battery, and a bunch of other stuff if I wanted it to work and that my batt and alt couldn't handle another amp. Is this true or is he trying to sell me more stuff.

2010 ford focus with brand new oem apt

2 kicker comp 12s in ported box

900w pioneer amp with 4 (yes 4) fans on it

Any help would be appreciated

I asked this same question a few days ago but this is with new input from a "shop expert" so I figured I would ask it again

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea If you already have a secondary battery in the back and a battery up front your good man. You have to get the same speakers you have now gotta be 12s and gotta be the same box. Tuned the same. eevrything. or build a box for 4 subs. I would recommend selling everything and buying new equipment. Those amps ****

I have a 2010 focus and you are good for around 1200rms with just the front battery. I would not recommend running 2 different amps and 2 different subs though.

You would be better off selling what you have and buying 2 good 12" subs and a good single amp for them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.