2 amps 1 sub ???

Participant count
  • Participant list

scotthulbs
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Olean,NY
I have a 9917. I can get a good deal on a pair of Crossfire 2000D's. I am wondering if it is ok to run 1 amp per coil. I know how to set them up. I have just never done it for a daily driver. I just want to be sure I won't run into problems running the sub this way. So my question is..... Is it a good or bad idea to run 2 separate amps to 1 sub for daily driving??

I don't think you understood what I mean. I plan on running 2 amps to 1 sub. 1 amp per coil. I am not worried about connection problems. I just want to be sure that I will be able to get the amps matched close enough with just a DMM. I don't know if it a good idea to run the sub of 2 seperate amps. I am sure someone on here knows more about this than I do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.