• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 673
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I am in the process of upgrading my Truck's Audio. I have purchased a 4 channel and a 2 channel amp, and a set of components for the front, regular Coax for the back, and a pair of 8's. I want to keep my stock head unit as long as possible, (atleast until next year, when I go mobile video). My question is this, how do I wire the amps? This might be a stupid question, but hey I just don't know. I haven't figured out the logistics because my stock HU has only 2 speaker-level outs, (I have 2 converters), but I want to wire a total of six speakers. Any help would be great, thanks.

BTW, the amps do not have PreOuts.

Some 4 channel amps have the capability to feed all four channels using only one pair of rca connectors. For example, I have a kenwood 4 channel amp. Two channels are labeled A and the other two are B. There is an input switch where you can choose A or AB. Setting it to A will allow one pair of connectors to feed all four channels (front/rear fader will not work). Using the AB setting, you must use two pair of connectors to feed the four channels (front/rear fader will work as normal). If your amp does not have such a switch, using "Y" rca adapters will accomplish the same thing as the A switch scenerio. Hope this helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.