2 9515's box help - dodge magnum

Take my advice and go with 1 18s..

It's much more ideal in that cabin....

Also use birch ply with bracing, mdf is to **** flexible, and it's stupid heavy...birch is nearly 2x as stiff..

if you do your original measurements with 85in^2 of port area you will be good..

No need to tune under 34..

single baffle but braced..

Sub on drivers side close to the side an bottom as possible..

Port 21.5"Hx4"Wx15.5"D..and put a 4"Wx20.25"D peace dead center of the port to act like a divider/brace..

for the L side you need a 4"wide peace by 21.5 high..

Don't need to brace it reall 5 screws will reinforce it enough..

To brace the box find the distance from the center of the sub to the beginning of the port opening Divide by 2 and put 2 pieces of 3/4 back to back cut at 45 degree angles(so it makes a point) screw and glue the together and put no more the 2 screws per side..

I recommended you cut the braces a hair long to where you have the mildly tap them in place, this ensures no flexing and a secure bond betweent the panels and braces..

It will knock your head off b..

Maybe you should experiment with a few 6" aero or 8" aero(s) and see where you get. Dual 15" drivers with three 6" aeros might be enough port area, or one or two 8" aeros. I'll crunch the numbers when I get to a computer later.

papermaker i appreciate all that bro but i dont think a single 18 can handle 2 m3a's daily def not gonna happen...how much louder would the 18 be compared to the 12's?????

We can make a single 18 work too.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

If you want. But you are right on the power. Not many single woofers going to take the power you have daily.

i really like the 2 12's idea better....both subs will have proper air space and enough port area to perform properly...i do like the 34hz idea though i really just want a daily groundpounder that murders the lows

It's perfect for the single 18..

Ill tell you a secret.. If you strap the amps @4ohm you will get about 6-8% efficiency gain. At those levels of current draw it could mean the difference of winning and losing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

On top the additional cone area it's sure to be noticeably louder than the dual 12s!

We can make a single 18 work too. 

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

If you want. But you are right on the power. Not many single woofers going to take the power you have daily.
good guy right here. great price and does it quick! did my last design and i will be going to him for future projects..

It's perfect for the single 18..Ill tell you a secret.. If you strap the amps @4ohm you will get about 6-8% efficiency gain. At those levels of current draw it could mean the difference of winning and losing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

On top the additional cone area it's sure to be noticeably louder than the dual 12s!
Not unless those 12's are in a bandpass lol...my single obsidian 12 spanks my 18 in terms of output when it comes to

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.