2 300 rms subs vs 1 600 rms sub

navidalam
10+ year member

hello there ...

im currently running 2 jbl gto 12s (300 rms each) powered by an alpine pdx1.600 ... planning to get a high end single 600 rms sub ... choices are alpine swr1242 (500rms) or mtx tr7515 (600rms) ...

i want to know if getting either of the subs will be efficient or not ... please help me out ...

@dvrmstrng

thanks for ur reply bro ... yeah i know they aren't high end compared to a lot of subs ... but that's the price range i can afford to spend on ... from where i come from it's hard to get subs that are rated more than 1000 rms ...

@basscort2009

thanks for ur reply bro .... well since i have lack of trunk space i couldn't make proper sized boxes for 2 jbls ... but in case of a single but more powerful sub i can make a proper factory specified box ...

what im not sure is that which setup will have bass that will travel over a longer distance ... 2 subs or 1 sub of the same power

thanks for all the feedback guys ... i want sq with power (of course within this price range) ... so an alpine would be a perfect combination of both right? .... on the other hand, the new mtx thunder round tr7515 looks quite promising .... but i haven't seen anyone doing a review on that yet ... still looking for a review or some comments at least ...

guys i have finally decided on 2 subs within my range ... what do you think of 2 mtx thunder 5512 subs (300 rms each) ... i chose them over a kicker L5 12 (600*1) ... what do you think? once again my preferences were sq with power ...

And to beat your ca.com pudknockers at your very own game, I would like to know exactly how many SQ trophies has MTX won in the last two years? I am not talking the BS SQL class either, I am talking straight up SQ. I'll be waiting for the answer.

Not much of a fan of mtx.The 9500 and maybe 8500 are ok but the 5500 series aren't that great the voice coil burns up pretty easily.The kicker wouldn't have good sq.Have you looked at the Alpine type E's?

And to beat your ca.com pudknockers at your very own game, I would like to know exactly how many SQ trophies has MTX won in the last two years? I am not talking the BS SQL class either, I am talking straight up SQ. I'll be waiting for the answer.
Lol.. but some kid just gettin into it they might sound like trophy winning subs. SQ is completely subjective, you should know that by now.

Lol.. but some kid just gettin into it they might sound like trophy winning subs. SQ is completely subjective, you should know that by now.
Of course I know SQ is subjective. Most of the kids on this site seem to get huge boners over panel flex videos and they think that having 150 dB of bass is SQ.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

But my point still stands since all these pudknockers like to pull the competition card every time someone mentions a product. How many IASCA SQC trophies have been won with MTX 55xx series subwoofers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.