question about 4 channel amp for components and coaxial.

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
So I have this old earthquake amp tremor TNT600 which is about 75rms if I had to guess, I cant find specs on it. anyway, I have component infinity pr6500cs and coaxial for the rear doors are infinity pr6502IS. The components are 320 watts peak so about 80rms and the coaxial are 60rms. I think this amp might do a decent job of handling them but I do have one concern. The amp has 4 RCA inputs 2 are for low pass and 2 are for hi pass. Low pass is normally for subs and Im not trying to get much bass out of these 6.5 speakers I really want mids and highs. How do I set this up? How would you do it? Hope Ii make sense...

English please? lol.... also, they say 3 ohms for speakers on crutchfield specs and the amp doesnt state ohms so I assume 4ohms for amp ... how do I handle this ?
Just wire the speakers as normal. 3 ohms just means the coil impedance in which the speakers are. Which will get you a little more power from the amp. Anyway the crossover settings on the amp should have a switch for l/p or low pass. H/p. high pass. Or full for full pass. Set to hp or full not lp

Just wire the speakers as normal. 3 ohms just means the coil impedance in which the speakers are. Which will get you a little more power from the amp. Anyway the crossover settings on the amp should have a switch for l/p or low pass. H/p. high pass. Or full for full pass. Set to hp or full not lp
Ok, so the amp says "HI-PASS or Flat" and the other side says "LOW-PASS or Flat" so choose flat over low? then hi pass over flat?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.