2 15''s in a cobalt

2 12s has more cone area than the 8s, and you can get really beefy 12s. your logic of thinking is kind of flawed with wanting to get the 15s because they dont cost much more and are larger. given the constraints you have with your build 2 12s will be easier to get louder
you may be right on my logic of thinking because im no expert on this stuff but im gonna scratch the 15's idea, keep the 8s buy 2 more and wall of 6 8s with a bigger amp lol easy way to get a bit louder just add to what you already have right? haha well if i do 6 8s would the sa8's like 1 cube each? so a 6cu ft box? or just stick to the .75 each? this is 99% most likely the route i will go so i want to know how big to make the box

2 12s has more cone area than the 8s, and you can get really beefy 12s. your logic of thinking is kind of flawed with wanting to get the 15s because they dont cost much more and are larger. given the constraints you have with your build 2 12s will be easier to get louder
you may be right on my logic of thinking because im no expert on this stuff but im gonna scratch the 15's idea, keep the 8s buy 2 more and wall of 6 8s with a bigger amp lol easy way to get a bit louder just add to what you already have right? haha well if i do 6 8s would the sa8's like 1 cube each? so a 6cu ft box? or just stick to the .75 each? this is 99% most likely the route i will go so i want to know how big to make the box

first off that's not a wall haha i hate when people call that a wall, your sealing the enclosure off from the trunk that is all. AS far as getting louder by adding to what you already have, well that's kind of hit or miss in car audio. Whether or not you will see benefits from sealing the subs and port off from the trunk vs rear firing is vehicle dependent, they don't all work the same and i don't have experience with the cobalt specifically so someone who has the same car can chime in on best firing positions. box size will be dependent on a few other factors including amount of power being ran so you will want to talk to someone that is box a guru for that as I have never actually played with sa8s

nope, ported. and it did mid 50's
sub facing up? I cant do that!!! lol those 12s knocked everything loose facing up!! I had to go through and replace all stock screws for 6x9s and triple coat my back dash and it still wanted to jump up and smack my back window.... god i know his trunk lid is off the chain!!! ... I wonder how much cf he has per sub!!! i know the trunk is about 10 cf but only like 7-8 useable cf....you have definitely peeked my interest danger...

first off that's not a wall haha i hate when people call that a wall, your sealing the enclosure off from the trunk that is all. AS far as getting louder by adding to what you already have, well that's kind of hit or miss in car audio. Whether or not you will see benefits from sealing the subs and port off from the trunk vs rear firing is vehicle dependent, they don't all work the same and i don't have experience with the cobalt specifically so someone who has the same car can chime in on best firing positions. box size will be dependent on a few other factors including amount of power being ran so you will want to talk to someone that is box a guru for that as I have never actually played with sa8s
well like i said im no expert on all this which is why im on here looking for answers, well okay its not a wall im just sealing it off from the trunk i dont know the difference, but as far a power ill either get a second saz1500d and strap them or sell mine and buy a crescendo 3500d, i just want to know about how much air space i should be looking to get for 6 8's

I vouch for that!!! you can hit 150's of two hdc4 12's easy!!!
did they change frome audioque to soundqubed? if so are the subs identical other than the logo? maybe i will go the 2 12s route on like a 4k-5k amp idk yet too many options and decisions and not enough money lol

did they change frome audioque to soundqubed? if so are the subs identical other than the logo? maybe i will go the 2 12s route on like a 4k-5k amp idk yet too many options and decisions and not enough money lol
Yes the subs are exaxtly the same they had to change name from audioque to soundqubed due to a lawsuit..everything in my car is aq except my ppi 4ch...i run a pair of the hdc4 12s on a aq3500.1

how big is the box? it still looks way small for 4 15s
still did mid 50s... so who cares?

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

sub facing up? I cant do that!!! lol those 12s knocked everything loose facing up!! I had to go through and replace all stock screws for 6x9s and triple coat my back dash and it still wanted to jump up and smack my back window.... god i know his trunk lid is off the chain!!! ... I wonder how much cf he has per sub!!! i know the trunk is about 10 cf but only like 7-8 useable cf....you have definitely peeked my interest danger...
no, if you look at the picture I posted you will see that they are side firing with the port forward.

I just have a hard time giving up my 4 really beefy 8s for 2 12s. and since 12s and 15s arnt much different in price its hard for me to want the 12s you know because my 4 8s do hit pretty good I just want more lows. right now certain songs give me a little bit of window flex and makes my windshield wipers move. I just don't want to go through all this hassle get 2 12s and not be as loud
actually looking at
ConeArea.jpg

4 8s is down on the totem pole. 4 10s would be considerably louder and 3 10s/ 2 12s would be louder as well, all things equal

and if you're talking about 6 8s, 4 10s would still be better. Bump them up to 1.5cf each since you're still wanting your lows, or either bump up to 3 12s.

Your 8s, while they are beefy 8s, just can't compete when it comes to bigger beefier subs and the low end

When those SA-8's are set up properly, they get pretty nasty for 8" subs... I think you would notice a big difference just merely upgrading your amp... A single 1500 on 4 SA-8's seems a bit on the weaksauce side to me, Especially if those are the SA-8 v.2's If you do end up going with bigger subs I'd definitely get a bigger amp...

still did mid 50s... so who cares? 

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

no, if you look at the picture I posted you will see that they are side firing with the port forward.
I asked cuz the trunk is only 16in tall with the sub being 15in I would've liked to see the box, im not trying to argue... just if i could get more idea of it i may try going 15's but i couldnt get a l7 15 in there for nothing in the smallest prefab sealed on the market! lol other than facing up!!! i could live with side firing!!! and port forward... nice!!! danger do you know him? or something you came across? i still got that l7 in garage...

I had my one hdc4 12 on a kx2500 putting out 2960w and it ate it!!! lol only single sub setup that made me happy!!!

When those SA-8's are set up properly, they get pretty nasty for 8" subs... I think you would notice a big difference just merely upgrading your amp... A single 1500 on 4 SA-8's seems a bit on the weaksauce side to me, Especially if those are the SA-8 v.2's If you do end up going with bigger subs I'd definitely get a bigger amp...
Yup ran a saz3500 on my buddies setup with 4 sa8v2s

I had my one hdc4 12 on a kx2500 putting out 2960w and it ate it!!! lol only single sub setup that made me happy!!!
Nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I've got my 12" Tantric HDD taking 2500+ rms and laughing at it... I've never clamped my amp yet, but it's efficient as h3ll, and I Know it does rated power and then some, My electrical is up to snuff now finally in my new vehicle - NEVER drops below 14v even when I'm pushing it HARD... My sub isn't even in the proper enclosure LOL... I Can't wait to add my other HDD and strap up my PAIR of 2500's on them once I build my enclosure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif Should get down pretty good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

skippy90210

10+ year member
skippy90210
ramey, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from