2 15" RE SE, 2Cuft^3 per chamber, Orion 1200D.

z0n3d0u7
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Beings im getting my liscense back soon, And had to sell off my last system to pay fines, Ive been doing alot of Collecting of audio Equipment.

This build will be going in the trunk of a 83 Grand prix.

70a alt, Big three in 0/1, Red top under the hood, 4 ga to amp [For now Will be adding another Optima, As well as 2 runs of 1/0].

Equipment so far,

(1) Orion 1200D

(2) RE Audio SE 15" d4's

2cuft^3 per sub, SEALED.

dual 7" DVD indash

10.5" flip down lcd

Front stage will be next.

Box will be double baffled, and Baffles will be screwed into "Depth boards" due to the limited heigth in the trunk.

Box is something like 16.75 H x 34 W x 16.75 D And i believe the double baffle and chamber seperator will be enough bracing, Even for these beasts.

Now, Onto the eye candy.

Equipment stack:
IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

REaudio2.jpg

My old install before i lost my liscense:

FalseFloor.jpg

(2) kicker 12l7D4, Alpine CDA-9885, Hifonics BXi1606D.

Now for the actual "Build",

Panels drawn on 3/4" MDF, mounting holes cut out. Between the middle of the subs, There are mark's. This will be the center for the divider wall.

IMG_1795.jpg

Baskets of these beasts

IMG_1797.jpg

Think it'll be louder then the 2 L7's

You will dig the woofers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I had them in 2 cubes each, 3/4" with a 1" baffle and a 3/4" divider. I could see the box swell on really low notes so more bracing may not hurt.

99 olds, I bought the subs used, From Duece212 for $240 shipped. (Thanks again man!)

212deuce, My box is like .14 too big, iirc. Think i should add a 3/4 Dowel from top to bottom as close to center as i can without coming in contact with the sub? Or was it the sides that were flexing? How much power did you have on them again?

Im thinking about throwing another 1200D into the mix, however my elec system cant handle it, And i cant afford an alt at the moment.

Total for subs and amp.. $414 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif If i added another 1200D, Itd bring me to approx $580.

Old L7 setup was $360 for subs, $280 for amp.

As for losing my Liscence, I got a speeding ticket playing Designated driver one night at 4am. Was doing 8 over. Got a job a few days later, And left state, forgetting all about court / ticket. Instead of coming home, and taking care of it, I drove around not even thinking about it. And got my first DOS.

Still got amandentory 3mo Suspension, But the money situation's taken care of, And now its time to get my car up to par.

I'd do the center divider brace and see how it does. If its a problem add threaded rod later. Its ugly but effective and doesn't take much space. I was running a sundown 1500 on them.

All of my "Depth walls" are seriously within a 1/2" from my subs mounting holes.

The straight edge in this photo is where the CENTER of the divider wall will be.

IMG_1794.jpg

Wish i was any good at Sketchup, And scailing, or id draw it up.

Also, what size drill bit should i use to Pre-Drill? And do i REALLY need to counter sink, or would it be alright ******* them in?

Also, what size drill bit should i use to Pre-Drill? And do i REALLY need to counter sink, or would it be alright ******* them in?
Just find a bit that is the same size as the shank of the screws not including the threads.

countersink the holes or you will be splitting mdf //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I tried matching a bit to the shank last time, And i still kept splitting MPF. Maybe because i wasnt counter sinking? I still think my bit was too small. Ill go see what the retards at HD or Lowes suggest. I asked the guy running the tool section last time to help me find a compass for a 14" circle, And he lead me to a small 3" compass. Might as well asked for some string, and a nail. But, he lead me in the right direction, I went to the end of the isle, And found one for up to 24" circles.

Those things could probably use another 1200D. I am running a 12" SE with a Kicker ZX750.1 and that thing is just asking for more.

how do they sound sealed. i can't decide on the box yet.
I would say do what you can to emphasize the higher notes as this sub rolls off at a really low frequency. I would say 1.75 ft^2 tuned to 35 to 37 HZ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.