2-15" L7's installed (some PICS)

jrz126
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Erie, pa
I just built and installed the new box for my subs. Unfortunitly I didnt have the camera during the build, so I only have a couple pics of them installed.

subs_in_trunk_small.JPG

subs_in_trunk_side_small.JPG

I have roughly 2.75 cubes per sub, with a 3"x14" port that is roughly 20" long. (I tried tuning to 32hz). I would have like to have had the port come out at the same side as the subs, but there wasnt enough room. So the port is coming out of the back side of the box.

port_small.JPG

I'm running them off a fixed Power Acoustik 2400D at 1 ohm. I got it for only 60 bucks and it took $10 worth of parts to fix. The rectifier diodes broke off the PCB and 1 leg of the transformer needed to be resoldered.

amp_fix.jpg

I currently have the amp mounted upside down so I can test it some more to make sure it is functioning properly.

upsidedown_amp_small.JPG

Overall, the subs are pretty decent. I wish I could have built a bigger box for them, but the trunk wouldnt allow it. I guess now I need to upgrade my vehicle to give me enough space for my subs.

wouldve went 1 15" ported, but it looks good, you dont have port noise man?

42sq.inch for 2 15".... thats not much

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.