2 13w7 In chevy avalanche box Suggestions.

chicanito
10+ year member

Hello everyone i have a dilema. I have a 07 Chevy Avalanche and im torn between ported or sealed. I have read about cabin gain etc. I listen to hip-hop, RnB, and all genre of latin music mainly mexican. What would suggest? By the way i have the big 3 done a 300 amp alt so i have taken the forums advice and have taken care of the electrical. space is no issue.

I've got a sealed box in my truck and it sounds great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yes, you will most likely lose a good amount of your SPL. sealed boxes are sound quality based and arent going to get too extremely loud

you would get much louder with a ported box

i had two 15 Fi Bl's fully loaded before in a box tunned at 32hz. Can w7 get as loud as that in a sealed box?
No, they will get really loud, but not near as loud as the ported. Plus the Fi's are SPL woofs, JL's are geared more toward SQ

If you build the ported box right, it will sound great. I had one 13w7 in a ported box before I switched to 2 13w7's in a sealed. No much difference in SQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.