2 12s for 2500w RMS?

I'm upgrading my system again, this time the subs. I'm going to be running a Hifonics HFi 2500 to 2 12s. I've already got a nice box with 2.25 cubic ft per sub. It's tuned pretty high (around 40Hz) but it still works great. I'm looking to spend around $400-500 or less for both subs. I was considering going the cheap way and getting Type Rs, but after my friend blew up two of the new 2012 models I'm reluctant to push over their rated RMS to them.

I also considered HDC3's because of the sale going on, but they're out of stock. Fi SSD's will run about $470 shipped. XFL's would be $380 with free shipping, but I'm always reluctant to buy electronics off of eBay... SA-12s COULD be an option, but I'm also reluctant to run them at over twice their rated RMS.

I'm open to other suggestions, too. Thanks for your help guys.

By the way, this is for a daily driver. It'll still be played at full tilt a lot though.

Once again, I'm pretty reluctant to push 1250w to subs that are rated 600w RMS. Obsidian would be more of an option than the SA's though simply because of price.

Obsidian.

I've ran over 1k to the old Type R that's rated at 500rms and it didn't break a sweat. Not sure how much your friend was feeding them but I would guess be did something wrong.

I had a sa-12 d4 on a saz-2500d and it took it like a champ. I didn't have room for another sa-12, but I would not hesitate running those subs on 2500 if the box is right and you are not clipping them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.