2 12'' Type R's

My friend wants to get 2 12'' type R's. how many cubes should the box be? Sealed or ported? What size amp should he use? gauge wire?
Get (2) Dual 4 ohm Type R's , Get a min of a 2ga. amp kit, get teh absolute kit from onlinecarstereo.cpm

For the box make it 5 cubes @ 34 hz.

Box specs: 36"x14"x26" The port will be about 6" wide and will be 18-19" long.

Amp: Planet Audio VX2200D, it does 2krms on birthsheet. It wil def push the R's to full excursion. Be carefull though, you can blow them with this amp.

This will flex windows of buildings, pm me for video.

Here is a pic of the 5cuft box I made for mine...

rsinroomkh9.jpg

clipboard01ue4.jpg

****. that is a huge box. i'm sure it's wicked. now, lets say you want it in a vehicle that isn't a van...
This box will fit in every car that has a trunk. Whats the problem? Almost every car has 36" between then rear fender wells in the trunk. This will work.

Get (2) Dual 4 ohm Type R's , Get a min of a 2ga. amp kit, get teh absolute kit from onlinecarstereo.cpm
For the box make it 5 cubes @ 34 hz.

Box specs: 36"x14"x26" The port will be about 6" wide and will be 18-19" long.

Amp: Planet Audio VX2200D, it does 2krms on birthsheet. It wil def push the R's to full excursion. Be carefull though, you can blow them with this amp.

This will flex windows of buildings, pm me for video.

Here is a pic of the 5cuft box I made for mine...

rsinroomkh9.jpg

clipboard01ue4.jpg
Pm'ed you for the vid. he really doesnt want to spend over $1000. He needs every thing, Speakers, box, wire, and amp. what about for that range?

Pm'ed you for the vid. he really doesnt want to spend over $1000. He needs every thing, Speakers, box, wire, and amp. what about for that range?
I sent you pm with video and this list....

$290 shipped: Planet Audio 2000rms AMP, trust me it's 2krms they just say max, but its really rms....

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLANET-AUDIO-2250-WATT-CLASS-D-MONOBLOCK-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ190108628926QQihZ009QQcategoryZ64570QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$280 shipped: (2) Alpine Type R Dual 4ohm Subs....

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14954

$70 shipped: Fat 0 gauge amp install kit....

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15609

$40 pick up: Get (1) 4foot by 8 foot sheet of 3/4" mdf, buy wood glue and wood screws.

TOTAL: $680 and you will have prob the loudest bass out of all your friends.

What about headunit, does he need one? If so you can get one for under $220 that deos everything you need to from onlinecarstereo. Like a DEH-P680 by Pioneer.

This box will fit in every car that has a trunk. Whats the problem? Almost every car has 36" between then rear fender wells in the trunk. This will work.
I bet you can't fit it in my trunk. It has 37" between the wheel well but no way it's fitting through the trunk opening. That's a big nice looking box though.

I bet you can't fit it in my trunk. It has 37" between the wheel well but no way it's fitting through the trunk opening. That's a big nice looking box though.
True, because its too deep. But thats why you remove the rear seats to get it into the trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I've done that for my friends BMW 330i when we tested this box in his trunk.

well, fitting it in the trunk is always an issue. getting it through the opening of most vehicles is tough. and going through the back seat is possible, but you can forget your spare. and your system is worthless if you can't drive the vehicle. i had an 8 cu. ft. box for 4-12's but i removed my back seat. i ran a 4 cu. ft. box for a single 12 that rocked. i am all about making sacrifices, but when you want the car to also be functional and have room for suitcases (a great system is perfect for long trips) you need trunk space. i hate driving around with crap in my back seat. i'm currently toying with having the right about of bass and the most trunk space. it's a challenge, but worth it.

True, because its too deep. But thats why you remove the rear seats to get it into the trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I've done that for my friends BMW 330i when we tested this box in his trunk.
Not going in that way either. The biggest external box was a tad over 4 cubic ft. From the top of the trunk lid to the back seat = 31, bottom of trunk lid to back seat = 37, and that = not gonna happen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.