2 12 JL W6s vs 4 12 JL W3s vs 1 13" JL W7

95BLKSS
10+ year member

Chicago
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to get some input into which set-up would provide better sound quality...

I have a 2 MB Quart DSC 480s and 1 MB Quart DSC 2000.1

I also have 1 XTANT x1001 and 1 XTANT x604

I currently have 4 12 JL W3V3 SVC 4 Ohm; will be wired down to 1 ohm if I keep...

I have the opportunity to trade the 4 12s for 2 12 W6 DVC 4ohm or 1 13.5" JL W7 1.5 ohm.

I want some input as to whether it this would be a good trade and if I would be gaining/losing sound quality. Keep in mind I could use either set of amps. I would also like to know (those of you with JL experience) if the 4 12 W3s would that much louder. I know they'll provide more surface area etc... I'm looking for good sound quality with decent power. Thanks in advance for your input.

Before everyone starts bashing JL and recommends other subs. This is what I got; only reason I bought was because I got them super cheap... I was considering RE 12 *** but, read that the new series are garbage (at least not what they used to be...). If I sell my subs I might even get Fi or Sundown; there's so many options. Since I have a friend in the area willing to trade me; I figured I would get some input...

If you're working towards SQ, don't trade your subs for Fi or Sundown anything.

Personally, I'd go with the 2 w6s of your choices, but if u already have the w3s and they sound good to u, no need to change them. W7s, w3s, and w6s all have been used in sq setups.

Before everyone starts bashing JL and recommends other subs. This is what I got; only reason I bought was because I got them super cheap... I was considering RE 12 *** but, read that the new series are garbage (at least not what they used to be...). If I sell my subs I might even get Fi or Sundown; there's so many options. Since I have a friend in the area willing to trade me; I figured I would get some input...
Yeah I dont understand the excessive JL bashing that goes on here either. Yes they are expensive, but you really do get what you pay for in terms of sound quality. Also they are very efficient. Besides an IDMax I cant think of many flagship line subs that will hit as hard and clean on only 1000 RMS.

I had two 13.5 w6s off a 1000/1 and it was so clean and the sound quality was amazing. I would recommend them. And the output of the speaker itself is incredible. Made my ford taurus's windshield flex and so on. So sound quality and power is there.

I had two 13.5 w6s off a 1000/1 and it was so clean and the sound quality was amazing. I would recommend them. And the output of the speaker itself is incredible. Made my ford taurus's windshield flex and so on. So sound quality and power is there.
riiiggghhhhttttttttttttttt

Thanks for all the input. I'm thinking of sticking with the 4 12 W3s and if I can't find decent box that will fit my set-up; I'll trade for the W6s. What would you guys recommend amp wise? Should I stick with the MB QUART DSC set-up or sell and go with the XTANT Set-Up? Thx

Yeah I dont understand the excessive JL bashing that goes on here either. Yes they are expensive, but you really do get what you pay for in terms of sound quality. Also they are very efficient. Besides an IDMax I cant think of many flagship line subs that will hit as hard and clean on only 1000 RMS.
The W7 is not efficient at all

2 w6s if there v2s, otherwise the on w7.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

95BLKSS

10+ year member
95BLKSS
Chicago
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from