2 12 inch Kicker comps dont hit hard ( help )

Whats your max budget?Used alright,rather than new?You can find a good used older amp that delivers alot of good power cheaply at times and still look good

first things first, build a good box. you already stated that the box is too small. i, and other assume you already checked the recomended size vs. actual enclosure net volume. it looks like you have plenty of space to go with a better ported enclosure tuned right. i would start there. there are many on the forum that will design one for you, and many will design and cut, then ship, or even build and ship. pay for that. don't cheap out on crap. after that, make sure you have good power to supply the amp. should be able to get away with 4awg, including the "big 3". once you do that, you should be goetting some good output already. the right box, and you can run them off 40wattsrms and shake the mirrors a little (i've done it) last thing you do, is figure out what you have left, or budget a little more time to save up for the amp. if you go after an amp first, you could end up spending more in the long-run. by then, i might just throw up my zx500.1 that will push those perfectly.... and have that cool all kicker effect when you show people. if you head over to vertex, they have 33' spools of 4awg for about 30 shipped. don't forget a fuse/fuse holder and ring terminals. this is if your wiring isn't already up to par.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.