2 12 inch Kicker comps dont hit hard ( help )

Try them in a bigger sealed box or a custom ported box on 500w a piece. Otherwise google your question so you will get a better answer. If you would've used the search feature u wouldn't of had this problem.

An yea they a cheap subs in a cheap box with a cheap amp 500bucks doesn't get you much. But if u can build boxes you can get decent. The box will make or break any sound system. Equipment means very little with a good install. But u still have to realize that you have bottom line subs

Try them in a bigger sealed box or a custom ported box on 500w a piece. Otherwise google your question so you will get a better answer. If you would've used the search feature u wouldn't of had this problem.
An yea they a cheap subs in a cheap box with a cheap amp 500bucks doesn't get you much. But if u can build boxes you can get decent. The box will make or break any sound system. Equipment means very little with a good install. But u still have to realize that you have bottom line subs
500w each= no more kicker comps

500w each= no more kicker comps
Then you don't know what the f ur doing I fed my two comp tens 600w each for 3 months and then sold them with shiny new coils. If the power is clean they can handle some decent power at least in proper sealed. I was peaking at 30hz in 1cube each in my truck

Then you don't know what the f ur doing I fed my two comp tens 600w each for 3 months and then sold them with shiny new coils. If the power is clean they can handle some decent power at least in proper sealed. I was peaking at 30hz in 1cube each in my truck
Don't they have 1.5 inch single layer coils? Or are they 1 inch? You must of had a **** ton of rise

Don't they have 1.5 inch single layer coils? Or are they 1 inch? You must of had a **** ton of rise
Idk about the rise but I was running 2ohm dual mono on my old mtx ta7804 which is rated for 800w but clamped 1188 even rising to 4 ohm we were getting 790ish out of it so if those sub were rising more than that idk but they were played daily so they weren't always at high rise. I loved them they would shock the crap out of people. Not bragging I may of just had a good set but they were still shiny when I sold them. They were fully broke in but the coil was clean. I'm tempted to do 2 comp 15s ib in my hatch but I'd have to modify some of the hatch and idk if 12s will have enough output for me.

The amp MIGHT be enough to get a couple of coax 6x9's a lil loud, but two twelves in. a sealed enclosure.... No. You need a good amp, and a decent enclosure. No the subs aren't that great, but do that and I would imagine you will be happy.

Yeah man go get yourself a decent amp and get a good box. You will be a lot more happy. People sell plans for custom boxes for very fair prices around here if you're into the DYI thing.

First of all,ive ran those subs before/10s, and they can get down if you build a good box for them,and get a decent amp that will push them pretty good@2ohms,as they are svc 4 ohm subs,.Just what are the demensions of the box you have?Everyone is telling you the box blows, without knowing the deminisions at all.The box may be ok,and you just may not have the power to get them going/wrong ohm load?That amp may only be 4ohm mono load, and 2 svc 4ohms subs, you may just be running @8ohms?Though I havent looked the specs up on the amp as of yet.Whats the model of your amp?Whats the LxWxH,and thickness of your enclosure?

I put 4 of those tens in a single cab 1978 chevy sealed with an old school Autoteck Mean Machine 44HC,and it Slammed!So I know you can do much better than what you are with a set of 12s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.