2 12 inch incriminator dp's vs. 4 15inch incriminator li's

I wouldnt say 4 15s would "stomp" the 12's.
I dont see it being 3-4db louder- Yes less cone area- but you are talking stronger subs w the 12's..
After rise- the 15's will recieve less per sub than the 12's.. Also a factor. Along with imp rise because of a bigger box w the 15's aswell.....

4 15's have 4x the cone area of 2 12's. 5mm of excursion from 4 15's is like 2 12's moving 20mm. 4x power usually doubles excursion assuming no compression. So you really need 8x the actual power on the 12's to match the 15's given no compression. Even then your approachign system limits either via port compression, power compression, BL compression, or just mechanical travel in general. In the right setup where space is an issue 12's would make a better choice, but all things equal it's not even remotely close.

If you figure power loss due to impedance rise on 4 subs vs. 2 subs(the amp would yield less power at the higher ohm load), it would be possible for the 2 subs to receive more power. So it would all depend on the enclosure design(imp rise) on both set-ups.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.