2 10's and 1 15' in the same box???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Only The Best
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
texas
so i have a very very large.... like 6ftx2.5ftx2ft box that is sittin on my entire backseat of my dodge ram 1500.... it has 3 10 alpine type r's facing the roof with the port all the way across the bottom blowing forward.... yes it is chambered off.... but i have enough room on the top to cut the hole out bigger for a 15" in the middle of 2 of the type r's and i wanted some lower bass... would there be a problem with doing this if i had my rockford fosgate t1000.1bd running the two type r's and find something else to run the 15"?...

Really it is not the best idea, also your assumption that a 15 will give you lower bass is wrong especially thrown into an enclosure that wasn't made for it.

1. What are the specs of the enclosure?

2. What 15?

for each chamber its about 2-2.3 ft^3 tuned to 34 hz

and idk about the 15... thats a whole nother question.... probably wanting something around the 200$ range maybe 300... pushing at least 800 rms

i built it myself... and yes... it is... VERY rediculously loud.... BUTTTT.... i want it to be louder... the reccommended air space for them was 1.8 i believe and i made them have a little bit more... the lows are stupid.. but i want it to be so loud to the point of where i cant physically take it..... i have a bass fetish i know...

i built it myself... and yes... it is... VERY rediculously loud.... BUTTTT.... i want it to be louder... the reccommended air space for them was 1.8 i believe and i made them have a little bit more... the lows are stupid.. but i want it to be so loud to the point of where i cant physically take it..... i have a bass fetish i know...
Sell the r's add that to your 2-3 hundred and buy two 15's.

have you had a chance to hear them?... might be looking for somthing louder... i might be willing to push 750 if it is competition worthy

Depending on the layout of the box if you are able to knock out the walls separating the chambers or cut the centers oit making them into braced... You may be able to salvage the box and use it for 2 15s or you can leave the box as is and make the cutouts larges enough for 3 12s since 2-2.3cube is good for most 12s

have you had a chance to hear them?... might be looking for somthing louder... i might be willing to push 750 if it is competition worthy

I have heard them and they are awesome for their price. If you step your budget up the Icons can take twice the power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.