My new favorite set of components JBL MS-62c

That's what a lot of people have said. When you say low frequency, what frequency and on what power?
can't say for sure what frequency but they seemed significantly lower than all the others I've heard. They were powered by 60 watts rms.

Glad you've got the hots for them, but keep in mind that a sound board and a car are not the same environment.

As for the low freq remark, I know these are rated to 60Hz, but I've seen them dig down into the mid-50s with the right amount of power. Actually scaled back on these in power the other day not realizing that PASSIVE they were seeing over 200W! Don't want them to die prematurely, so they're dialed down to 120W at my max volume.

Sound wall means on axis setup, meaning not truly how it would sound in a car, for the most part
Unless you go bonkers with the install and make sealed pods for them to go on the dash between the a-pillar and dash. Definitely want to try that on the next build with some Exodus Anarchys (need about 0.2cu sealed to really shine)

Unless you go bonkers with the install and make sealed pods for them to go on the dash between the a-pillar and dash. Definitely want to try that on the next build with some Exodus Anarchys (need about 0.2cu sealed to really shine)
Why I said "for the most part". Didn't want diyma people to come at me with pitchforks. Anarchys are tits, but that's going to take up more space than my car can spare. N I **** at building stuff

Why I said "for the most part". Didn't want diyma people to come at me with pitchforks. Anarchys are tits, but that's going to take up more space than my car can spare. N I **** at building stuff
Lulz no pitchforks here, just bromance. I'm not a good fabricator myself, but I'm sure if I really want to reap the benefits of those mids, I'll come up with the cash to have them properly made. It'll be a Tahoe build, so I'll either keep them mounted at the stock locations, but in enclosures, or go all out and get them fabbed on the dash.

Lulz no pitchforks here, just bromance. I'm not a good fabricator myself, but I'm sure if I really want to reap the benefits of those mids, I'll come up with the cash to have them properly made. It'll be a Tahoe build, so I'll either keep them mounted at the stock locations, but in enclosures, or go all out and get them fabbed on the dash.
As long as you have the power for them too. Dash install? Better deaden that dash lol

Glad you've got the hots for them, but keep in mind that a sound board and a car are not the same environment.
As for the low freq remark, I know these are rated to 60Hz, but I've seen them dig down into the mid-50s with the right amount of power. Actually scaled back on these in power the other day not realizing that PASSIVE they were seeing over 200W! Don't want them to die prematurely, so they're dialed down to 120W at my max volume.
So are you running these using the crossover that comes with the set? These should be arriving Friday for me and Im not sure to go active or passive. Active would be 55rms per driver, passive would be 220rms to the crossover. Ive seen other posts of yours and they are a big reason I got this set so thank you. But I thought you were crossing them actively. Also, Ive read articles of people doing an active/passive set up where they run active to the woofer then passive to the tweet, parallel wiring, and I assume this will give you a 2 ohm load. Thoughts?

Can't answer much on the paralleling question, but I was running them with the included passive crossover. Gains are now set at 130W by DMM and I still feel like they could take more daily. If you do run them active, you will definitely want more than 55w to the woofers, so keep that in mind.

That being said (and without burning this forum to which I owe tremendous gratitude), I don't spend much time on cadotcom any more. If you ask around, I'm sure you can figure out where to find me. I am very happy I was able to help you in picking up these comps. You should be very pleased.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.