(2) 10'' SSA ICON truck box

No freaking room for a low tuned, small ported box, JL 1000/1, and a Sundown 100.2 in a Ford Ranger. God that truck has been sticking it to me in the audio department since I've owned it (5 years). If I had a normal vehicle I would have saved myself so much money.

And for what its worth, I was so close to picking up a 10'' or 12'' IXL until Godsmack over at SSA hooked it up with these Icons.

I hope so. Otherwise I'm going to have to either sell them and get a single 12, or bring this truck to a shop and pay them to find a way to mount my amps right up under the window ledge. I'll take more pictures this weekend with the box in so you know what I mean.

curious to know how it sounds once its all done.
I'll be sure to let you guys know how they sound....and trust me, I'll be brutally honest. I'll only be able to compare them to (2) 10'' Viper Audio sealed (sounded soooo good until they were stolen:furious: , (2) 12'' Kappa Perfects sealed, 12'' cvr sealed, (2) 10'' type r's sealed, and a 10'' Bl ported with way too little port area.

Well the first Icon is out for delivery, which means I won't get it until 5:30 this evening. Would having the bl in there just to plug the hole (not hooked up) hurt anything? Just for the time being until the second one comes in next week.

The first Icon was waiting for me yesterday when I got home from work.

100_1727.jpg

100_1728.jpg

100_1728.jpg

yeah I had no idea there was going to be a rip there....but its not very deep at all and hopefully it will stay that way

I'll be sure to let you guys know how they sound....and trust me, I'll be brutally honest. I'll only be able to compare them to (2) 10'' Viper Audio sealed (sounded soooo good until they were stolen//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif , (2) 12'' Kappa Perfects sealed, 12'' cvr sealed, (2) 10'' type r's sealed, and a 10'' Bl ported with way too little port area.
mmmmm.....I really like my viper components, never heard any of their subs though.

mmmmm.....I really like my viper components, never heard any of their subs though.
They were unreal. A local authorized dealer had them (this was about 4 years ago) and I put them in an absolutely tiny tiny sealed enclosure, about .4 each. Just loved them, had them running off the older all silver hifonics brutus bdi1000 or whatever the model was and just loved it. Apparently someone else liked it more than I did because they pulled my door lock out with a screwdriver and stole everything in my truck in my school parking lot!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.