(2) 10'' SSA ICON truck box

might wanna do it again.

Doesnt look very nice and a single chamber cant be good for the subs.

I recommend a dual chamber, and you might have to run one 12" to get the space required. Also, roundover your corners and sand the box before you paint.

I had a 99 ranger reg cab and managed to squeeze a 15" between the seats. It wasnt near enough space and the pole vent was close to the back of the box, and the sub failed again, and again, and again.... Keep that in mind.

I don't really care how it looks as it will be behind the seats and never seen. What's wrong with a single chamber box? The Icons need .5-.8 and with some polyfill they will be seeing .7 per chamber.

I've had a couple 12'' Kappa Perfects in a single chamber box and they sounded great, so hopefully this will work out.

Im just tryin to save you more work and failed subs.Do what you will. Good luck.
No I really appreciate all the tips....I hope my responses don't seem like I'm being a jerk. I'm probably going to have to fab up some rings to extend the subs 3/4'' anyhow, so the pole vents shouldn't be an issue.

And I wish I could round the corners....but I don't own a router. I might even lay a ring down to extend the subs then another to make them flush, and then give fiberglassing a try. Who knows?

I fail to see a problem with two drivers sharing a single box. Usually 1 inch clearance for a port vent is sufficient. If there is a perceived issue with the build, place a 'V' riser right behind the driver to help disperse the air.

The rest of your suggestions appear to be strictly cosmetic unless I missed something less obvious.

Thanks mrogowski. And the box fits like a freakin glove. One of the Icons is coming in tomorrow so I'll probably fill in the second cutout with my 10'' Bl for the time being....just so I can hear these beauties.

And as far as cosmetic goes...I couldn't really care less. Well I hate to say care less but as long as it sounds great then who cares what it looks like. Especially in my case where only about 5% of the enclosure is visible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.