1OHM here i come!!! it'll be installed in an hour

yeah thats a deal for a x no doubt but like popwar said u really can't compare sa to 750 it's just more sub., i bet u would like it.. idk about "franks" name i assume it's a long foreign name and he made it simple since he's making subs here idk., i though about this and idk owner of rockford or pioneer either so i don't see why it's a big deal..
That would be stupid move for me.....drop Sundown for FU? lmao....

personally, ida bought 12" SA for $109 shipped from yardsale.. All 3 of my 12"s, my sae 50.4 ,and my scv3000d are from there. Nothing wrong with anything, other than a small scratch on the motors.
Goes to show Jacobs Customer service. He'd rather sell item at cost than to send a "damaged/scratched" product.. Youd never see an unglued spider even from the yardsale. And besides, HE designed that woofer. Wasnt bought out of a chinese catalog. IDK much about FU, as i was content with my SAs when FU first came out.
And that's how I was able to score my 15 from there. So much excess glue on the outer dia of spider no need for a spider landing lol

The FU is actually closer to 85db when you run the tsp numbers in Bass Box Pro or Winisd. There is something funky going on with the tsp's that FU gives, I wouldn't trust them 100%. That's probably why they are shady about them and don't like to give them out.

Wrong.....all wrong. This statement has 0% fact, all speculation. You have no idea what you're talking about as usual.
how was it wrong and what is speculation? popwar just said fu coil is 2.6"

That would be stupid move for me.....drop Sundown for FU? lmao....
idk man gotgixers told u 750 will play about as low as u want it to and if u still on 1 amp 750 12's maybe what u need and u could sell your subs maybe even for more $, same anyway.. just sayin' but u do hve other vehicles too

idk man gotgixers told u 750 will play about as low as u want it to and if u still on 1 amp 750 12's maybe what u need and u could sell your subs maybe even for more $, same anyway.. just sayin' but u do hve other vehicles too
Are you high? I'm not selling my subs for FU. Period.

yes i checked surround.. glued well this time., he just forgot to sign it but looks great..
uxiQ2Di.jpg
knznxZH.jpg
3LMswSq.jpg
How’s it all sound

Did you forget about all the sundown subs that had glue issues? lol
That was the best thing that every happened, lol picked up 7 zv4 12s for $300 each when that glue happened. Got the woofers from the yard sale and glued the surrounds with amazing goop and was happier then can be

How’s it all sound
shakes my glasses on my face on rebassed tracks.. it'll take me months to loosen spider only driving 70 miles a week or so.. tomorrow i will drive 70 total to graduation party so maybe louder when i get home lol..

You better not let Jeff see all this nonsense from ya. More to a sub than coil size and magnet weight.
this started when he said coils were the same popwar just explained no it's not cause fu has bigger coil (8 layer too)

So much misinformation in here. The mms of 243 on the FU pertains to a d2 sub. RE is listed at 3.97 on spec sheet. (D2 wired in series). The mms on a d2 SA......is lighter than the FU. The d4 sa was 280 mms. The d4 fu would be higher. Different coils will always have different mms factors.

Next, BL alone doesnt mean much. Bl^2/re is more meaningful. The FU is stronger here. Spl factor favors the FU as well. The problem is..... the Fu spec sheet is the stock one from the chinese build house, and these specs can be off greatly. Weve pulled TS on fresh subs, and the TS are wayyy off. Skar is pretty bad on this.

If the FU ts are indeed spot on, I would expect it to be slightly louder than an SA. No more than a few tenths tho. Any more than that, and its either bias, or the SA is not in an optimal application. Even tho the FU is the "bigger" driver, i would almost bet that it would reach power compression well before the SA. Clamp 3k per sub... the SA will likely be notably ahead.

On 750w, the FU should be a little louder. Better is subjective.

So much misinformation in here. The mms of 243 on the FU pertains to a d2 sub. RE is listed at 3.97 on spec sheet. (D2 wired in series). The mms on a d2 SA......is lighter than the FU. The d4 sa was 280 mms. The d4 fu would be higher. Different coils will always have different mms factors.
Next, BL alone doesnt mean much. Bl^2/re is more meaningful. The FU is stronger here. Spl factor favors the FU as well. The problem is..... the Fu spec sheet is the stock one from the chinese build house, and these specs can be off greatly. Weve pulled TS on fresh subs, and the TS are wayyy off. Skar is pretty bad on this.

If the FU ts are indeed spot on, I would expect it to be slightly louder than an SA. No more than a few tenths tho. Any more than that, and its either bias, or the SA is not in an optimal application. Even tho the FU is the "bigger" driver, i would almost bet that it would reach power compression well before the SA. Clamp 3k per sub... the SA will likely be notably ahead.

On 750w, the FU should be a little louder. Better is subjective.
i'd love to see that sub comp.. i hate when companies only list specs for 1 coil config sq does it to.. i agree the specs are very similar and the point everyone is missing $64 less if not better on 1k it's at least cheaper.. i've lots of peeps say my E or sq or whatever was louder than SA on same power all i've seen on 750 is they loud and sound great.. i think sa will be better on 600 rms or maybe even 4-600 after rise but over 750 after rise i'd think fu would be louder, idk u guys will have to do a test but as popwar said it been done already (yes it was a 1 size fits all box but at least same box same power fu was louder)

Id expect the FU to yield about +0.3 on drop in, give or take. Its a very capable driver for 175$.

SA has its advantages. Shorting ring (yes it matters), more proven over time, i would bet its a more robust coil thermally.

Id take the SA. But no qualms for those who like the 750.

But Crossfire is coming out with a driver geared toward this niche. The new C5s should beat both

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.