1OHM here i come!!! it'll be installed in an hour

Rockford and Pioneer won't tell you to just glue it back together and have pretty much always provided tsp's in their owners manuals along with call centers to answer questions.
yeah i get where everyone is coming from. it's just like some peeps hate skar owner if he came out with best sub on earth for $200 alot of u wouldn't buy it.. whatever his name is i asked "frank a Q on fb he replied in 1 min like and actual min., may not know his name but he's easy to get a hold of.. and guys that haven't heard the 750 u really need to hear one before dumping on them.. no way popwar woulda kept his so long if they weren't very good subs..

Did you forget about all the sundown subs that had glue issues? lol

yes.. yes i did. Actually, i had no idea lol. How did Jacob deal with it vs "frank"?

But how is the fu 750 any better than an sa? IIRC, both have a 2.5" coil, and same motor strength per gap, FS is the same, SA has higher BL, SA has 2 DB on sensitivity over fu, but the fu comes in 1mm more xmax than the sa.

Im no speaker guru, and this is just an expensive hobby. i know just enough to post sh1t like this online, and ive been drinking lmao. Seriously tho, looking for a legit answer

yes.. yes i did. Actually, i had no idea lol. How did Jacob deal with it vs "frank"?
But how is the fu 750 any better than an sa? IIRC, both have a 2.5" coil, and same motor strength per gap, FS is the same, SA has 1 DB on sensitivity over fu, but the fu comes in 1mm more than the sa.

Im no speaker guru, and this is just an expensive hobby. i know just enough to post sh1t like this online, and ive been drinking lmao. Seriously tho, looking for a legit answer
It was like 5 years ago but IIRC he refunded people the price for glue or offered to have them shipped back and fixed under warranty.

The 750s metered higher with less power than the SAs in the same box.

But how is the fu 750 any better than an sa? IIRC, both have a 2.5" coil, and same motor strength per gap, FS is the same, SA has 1 DB on sensitivity over fu, but the fu comes in 1mm more than the sa.

fu has 88.2db, that 5 more than sa d2 12, sa is 280 mms, fu is 243 how is sa better is the question... i know peeps love sundown but i've seen waayyy to many peeps say they got brand X sub and it was muchh louder than the sa (even the E's are louder same power).. but peeps here that are now all over frank and fu are the ones said sa don't take much power over rated and don't want 2cf box they like 1.75 (rated size) fu loves more than 2cf and as others have said in the past take 1500 or more rms no problem for less $ than the china made sa (everyone getting on fu using china parts at least they built here)

It was like 5 years ago but IIRC he refunded people the price for glue or offered to have them shipped back and fixed under warranty.
Excuse my ignorance, but i dont think you can swap boxes and get and end all opinion.. i cant put a dayton, or ssa in my enclosure and expect it to beat the SAs it was designed for

fu has 88.2db, that 5 more than sa d2 12, sa is 280 mms, fu is 243 how is sa better is the question... i know peeps love sundown but i've seen waayyy to many peeps say they got brand X sub and it was muchh louder than the sa (even the E's are louder same power).. but peeps here that are now all over frank and fu are the ones said sa don't take much power over rated and don't want 2cf box they like 1.75 (rated size) fu loves more than 2cf and as others have said in the past take 1500 or more rms no problem for less $ than the china made sa (everyone getting on fu using china parts at least they built here)
as far as power goes?? they use same 2.5" coil... Id bet (if i was a gambling man) jacobs coils are better due to high QC requirements. SA will run 1k per sub and wont get stinky. never tried any higher. 1.2k? maybe.. we may soon see

edit: btw, my ts is from my D4 subs, not d2

double check the sensitivity numbers bro..

http://sundownaudio.com/index.php/subwoofers/sa-series

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse my ignorance, but i dont think you can swap boxes and get and end all opinion.. i cant put a dayton, or ssa in my enclosure and expect it to beat the SAs it was designed for
Box was not designed for any subwoofer.

as far as power goes?? they use same 2.5" coil... Id bet" (if i was a gambling man) jacobs coils are better due to high QC requirements. SA will run 1k per sub and wont get stinky. never tried any higher. 1.2k? maybe.. we may soon see

SA SERIES
They do not use the same coil. The FU coil is actually a 2.6" coil.

Box was not designed for any subwoofer.

They do not use the same coil. The FU coil is actually a 2.6" coil.
cool.TIL.

Question, is 1 mm of coil diameter make gains of any significance?

The bl is still higher in the sa tho.

as far as power goes?? they use same 2.5" coil... Id bet" (if i was a gambling man) jacobs coils are better due to high QC requirements. SA will run 1k per sub and wont get stinky. never tried any higher. 1.2k? maybe.. we may soon see

SA SERIES
i did that eatlier and showed same thing u just showed mr 83 and 84 db on the sa 12 fu is 88 not sure what u are missing

cool.TIL.
Question, is 1 mm of coil diameter make gains of any significance?

The bl is still higher in the sa tho.
also on bl sa d2 is same as fu....... maybe maybe not but proves it's not only a diff coil but bigger coil

i did that eatlier and showed same thing u just showed mr 83 and 84 db on the sa 12 fu is 88 not sure what u are missing
well sh1t, i stand corrected on sens.. Idk wtf i was looking at when i posted a bit ago. Personally, i think you have a great woofer for the price tbh. As long as YOU got a good one, then the rest dont matter! Post that slappin at 1 ohm!

well sh1t, i stand corrected on sens.. Idk wtf i was looking at when i posted a bit ago. Personally, i think you have a great woofer for the price tbh. As long as YOU got a good one, then the rest dont matter! Post that slappin at 1 ohm!
wife was very unhappy on the way home from dinner., told her i was gonna play 1 of her fav songs THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKIN' (maybe i forgot to mention it was rebassed though) shakes my steering wheel..

The FU is actually closer to 85db when you run the tsp numbers in Bass Box Pro or Winisd. There is something funky going on with the tsp's that FU gives, I wouldn't trust them 100%. That's probably why they are shady about them and don't like to give them out.

also on bl sa d2 is same as fu....... maybe maybe not but proves it's not only a diff coil but bigger coil
Wrong.....all wrong. This statement has 0% fact, all speculation. You have no idea what you're talking about as usual.

The FU is actually closer to 85db when you run the tsp numbers in Bass Box Pro or Winisd. There is something funky going on with the tsp's that FU gives, I wouldn't trust them 100%. That's probably why they are shady about them and don't like to give them out.
i've seen wins change alot of #'s too.. 1 sub showed up as 100 db so never know which program is right.. i'd say yeah they probably pretty close on that spec since fu only list 1 set of them for the 750, no diff shown on d2 or d4.. a guy did run something like 3500rms to (idk if it was 2 or 4) 750's and did something like 154db but when he used another sub (coulda been anything) they had over 5k and only did like 147..

I remember that. And that's when the spider landing came into play.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.