1farad cap make a system 12.5 go to 14.4??`

99DX
10+ year member

Atlanta
I was at a shop yesterday and the owner said that the RF 1 farad cap would make my system stay at the 14.4 volt rms rating that most amp company's just thier amp power by... I personally think this is a crock of crap... I thought caps just kept you from going below the 12 volt to 12.5 volts you need for your system during heavy bass loads (powerdrains)

So what is the truth?

The owner is a damdn liar.... Any cap is to prevent large drains from your car battery... Doesn't necessarily mean that it'll keep the voltage to 14.4, it's determined by your battery. What a cap does is stores power when your system needs it the most, for example where bass hits harder... I hope this helps you... I would prefer you getting a cap made by either PPI or Phoenix Gold....

Simply put NOPE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Tell the guy to prove it. If he has that kind of confidence to make that statement. He should be more than happy to prove it. Throw a couple of hundred bucks on a bet for me against him before hand though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.