1amp to 2 amps

Originally posted by 4jb if i change from one mtx thunder 1000D to two jbl 1200.1 amps what kind of things should i do to change? more battery power? alternators? will i have to change the wiring that is already to my battery?

The best way to tell what kind of electrical upgrades you will need. Is to install everything and see.

The cheapest alternator upgrade is to have your present one rewound. An extra battery will only add engine off listening time.

As for the wiring, depending upon your current gauge. You will probably need to bump up to at least 0/1 gauge depending on the length of the run //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i will look in my book when i get it back. What if the 2 jbl's will draw significantly more power than the mtx thunder i have now???

All that I know is, it can't be more that 1000d ***** more power than anything, me and my dad have been all over town looking for a fuse and a fuse holder for my 1000d. Even circuit city electronic express, and hh gregg they all look at us funny for asking then if they have a 150 amp fuse. What kind of fuse was you running on yours?

my car is in the shop right now and i cant remember what size fuse i have. It wasnt anything special though. My thunder is sort of messed up i think. I got it cheep and used so you never know. I will check on the the fuse though cause i know how much that crap *****.

sorry it took so long for me to tell you this but my car was really messed up and needed a new engine. The MTX ran on a 60amp fuse ,but im now running a jbl 1200.1 and it is so much better than that MTX.

For my system (1500+watts) I wired 4 30 amp fuses in parallel giving me a total of about 110amps (not 120 as most people would figure). If I pull more than about 110 amps one of the fuses will blow causing the whole load to rest on three 30 amp fuses, which will cause them to blow. Not the recommended way to go but it does the job. ATO blade fuses are alot easier to get than any other around here so That's why I went this way. I can get thos fuses a block away, to get any other its a 250km drive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.