1993 Toyota

fixinit

Sep 8, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
My original alternator died about 3 months ago. The amp I fixed was supposed to have been decent. NOPE. I was on my last leg of electricity and the best and worst bass hits in my beater didn't spark a problem.

I fought this in the past on here. But now it's conclusive. If you upgrade to an amplifier beyond your vehicle's alternator needs. It's time for an electrical upgrade which doesn't cost a lot. a Tahoe still doesn't need 0 awg wire.

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
[quote name='fixinit']My original alternator died about 3 months ago. The amp I fixed was supposed to have been decent. NOPE. I was on my last leg of electricity and the best and worst bass hits in my beater didn't spark a problem.

I fought this in the past on here. But now it's conclusive. If you upgrade to an amplifier beyond your vehicle's alternator needs. It's time for an electrical upgrade which doesn't cost a lot. a Tahoe still doesn't need 0 awg wire.[/QUOTE]

BS. Eh, @Hertz Mafia

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
Stock wiring on mine was 2 gauge. Changed it to 1/0 gauge. So yes it is necessary for the big 3 to be upgraded if a lot of audio is to be ran in a Tahoe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds