1993 Toyota Camry HELP!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

destruction
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So i am about to install a new alpine cd player in this 1993 Camry 4Dr LE Sedan

I pop off the old unit and get ready to connect the new harness. NOT EVEN CLOSE to fitting The pieces could ALMOST work but its a bunch of small female receptacles on the car side and much larger male pins on the adapter harness side. I recheck the numbers and it is the correct one. They don't mention a premium sound package or anything else on the back (they do with the avalon) so now i am at a loss. I have actually bought two seperate brand wiring harness adapters and neither work. I have no clue where to go now. Is this a specialty harness that i will ned to order or is there an internal factory amp or what? Please HELP.

downloaded the wiring from "the 12 volt" and none of the wires match. I am probably gonna end up just pulling panels, metering the wires, and cutting off the old plug.

thats what it was. i was soo pissed cuz i had already started metering and clipping wires. The part that goes into the radio hit another harness like 8" into the car and THATS what the wiring adapter plugs into.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.