1993 Grand Am The rear speaker Removal

souljah4life

Tacoma
Please Help! 1993 Grand Am The rear speaker Removal & Replacment?

I have A 1993 Grand Am & The rear speakers are bad And need to be removed & replaced but it cannot be done from the trunk area like most cars, so I then went to back seat to remove them from the inside, But I ran into A problem that I dont have the answer to there is A panel that sits on top of the speakers the one directly infront of the rear window & covers the two speakers it seems impossable to remove without taking out the whole back seat, rear window side panels, the seat belt restrants & who knows what else, somthing tells me GM wouldn't require all this just to replace two bad speakers, Can sombody please help me with this by providing me with detailed instructions on how to replace two 6x9 rear speakers on A 1993 Pontiac Grand Am without taking out the whole rear rear seat & ruining my car in the process. has anybody had to replace these rear speakers in this car if so how did you accomplish this because I cant figure it out? Thank you for any help you can provide me.

i got a '92 grand am... i totally removed the speakers and painted the interior... there are 2 bolts on the bottom of the rear seat, i think they are like 14mm... and they are sort of hidden under the seat. one bolt on each side, near the feet. that will remove the bottom of parts of the seats. then you need a 46 Torx bit to remove the bolt that holds the seat belts and the top part of the seat down... once you remove that, it will lift right up. after that you have to remove two plastic edges ( [4 doors] [dont know about 2 doors]they go from the side of the back part of the seat to the roof), there are 2 screws on the side that holds each plastic thing down, unscrew them and pop the top part out (when reinstalling these, you will have to put the top part in first unless you remove the plastic cover on the middle pillar). then you need to remove the rear plastic things (between the rear door and the rear window, shaped almost like a triangle), all you need is either a flat head screw driver or a panel removal tool and pull the plastic things out (techinically you pull them towards the middle of the rear deck). then that will leave you with the rear, deck... all you is pull it out. and remove the 4 little screws (i think they are like 6mm bolt/screws)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.