1992 Saturn SL2

Have you played with different orientations of the box to see what sounds best?
Install looks clean as hell though
Yeah I tried with it the ways i have pictured, and also with it facing the cabin. It was loudest with it facing the side and almost as loud with it facing the rear.

Thanks man.

Well I'm loving the way it sounds, but I already want it louder haha. No money for that right now though. Since at least one of my rear speakers is kinda blown, like sometimes it sounds fine and other times it sounds like ****, I'm gonna next get a nice pair of Hertz comps for the front, and move my front coaxs to the rear.

I also played around with the box position a little more, and me and my friend came to the conclusion that it sounds pretty much the same facing the side and rear, so I left it facing the rear since that looks better. Then used some velcro on the bottom so it doesn't slide around, I may screw it down in the future.

I'm 21 and your install is far cleaner than both of mine have been. I wish i woulda taken a log of both of mine as well, would have been great to learn off all the feedback too. I think I just need to learn that I gotta take a weekend or something off and dedicate it to a system instead of doing 2 hours here and 2 hours there.

Really everything looks great, congrats. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have found that abusing velcro is always a great way to go. Its pretty cheap stuff, and is sooo useful. I actually use the real strong stuff a lot in place of bolts when placing amplifiers on stuff in case I plan on moving them or rotating them later (still kinda worried about velcro under the heat, but hasn't failed me yet). I've also used it to help run cables sometimes, you can wrap the cable(s) in a donut of it to hold them together, and stick it anywhere to keep them in place. Good stuff.

Kudos.

I'm 21 and your install is far cleaner than both of mine have been. I wish i woulda taken a log of both of mine as well, would have been great to learn off all the feedback too. I think I just need to learn that I gotta take a weekend or something off and dedicate it to a system instead of doing 2 hours here and 2 hours there.
Really everything looks great, congrats. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have found that abusing velcro is always a great way to go. Its pretty cheap stuff, and is sooo useful. I actually use the real strong stuff a lot in place of bolts when placing amplifiers on stuff in case I plan on moving them or rotating them later (still kinda worried about velcro under the heat, but hasn't failed me yet). I've also used it to help run cables sometimes, you can wrap the cable(s) in a donut of it to hold them together, and stick it anywhere to keep them in place. Good stuff.

Kudos.
Thanks man, great to hear.

Well guys I did a bit of work on my car today, but not exactly work I enjoyed. Here's my entire system...in my room.

0729092045-00.jpg

and here's why...

0729091911-00.jpg

i'm no mechanic but i'm pretty positive it's totaled. I came around a right turn a little too fast and overturned to avoid another car there and lost control and hit a telephone pole, the roads were a little wet. i feel like such an idiot, my carelessness has left me with no car and very mad parents. fml //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

What do you mean no car?

Pull the dam hood off and itll drive just fine!!. Seriously, you can find another saturn in the yard and get a new hood and headlight for $100ish, 200ish incluiding the bumper and fender if money isnt to tight. Atleast itll get you on the road

Sorry bout the luck though

What do you mean no car?
Pull the dam hood off and itll drive just fine!!. Seriously, you can find another saturn in the yard and get a new hood and headlight for $100ish, 200ish incluiding the bumper and fender if money isnt to tight. Atleast itll get you on the road

Sorry bout the luck though
nah it looks like a lot of **** on the inside is ****ed up too, everything is all bent up and ****ed. and even if it is fixable, it's not gonna be worth whatever it'll cost.

wanna bet??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

lol j/k
haha nah i really did learn a lesson the hard way. i still hate myself for what happened, and i know there's no way i'll have another accident because of my carelessness.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

undeadxsunshine

10+ year member
what it is
undeadxsunshine
York, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date