1990 c2500 voltage drop

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dodge/Chevyman

I need help with my 1990 Chevy C2500 350 5.7l v8 i have had it for about 3 months now and before i got ahold of this truck the previous owner was having problems with it just as much as i am now, 1. If i get into the throttle to hard it will fall on its face, i have changed the distributor cap, rotor, speak plugs and wires it has helped a little bit but still acts up, 2. i just put a 10 in sub powers by a 600w fosgate with a jensen VX4012 when the bass drops really good the voltage drops i tested the voltage at the battery, alternator and right at the sub, there is not drop at the battery or alternator but at the amp it will drop as low as 11v, 3. when i use my lights at night or turn signals i get a drop and my truck has a hard time staying running at night with the lights on. What can i do to prevent this big voltage drop.

Check egr, mine was doing that and i cleaned it out and problem solved. As for the voltGe these trucks factory electrical is horrible the alt charges at 13.4. You need to upgrade the wires and do big 3 atleast.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.