1974 Dodge Charger-Alpine, Infinity, Kicker

Dude, to be 19 and have this car - well done. The system is fine. Glad to see you are doing a decent job.
Any door speaker pics?
Great to see you reading my thread! I just read you ENTIRE Honda thread. Good ****! Great work,and I will probably be stealing your tweeter mounting idea.

I also need to get a wiring/audiosystem map done for my car. I really like how you set up your diagram.

Yeah, the car's alright. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Seriously though, this car has been my life for four years.

Here are some pics of the deadener. Ontop of using it on the interior, I put it inside of the door, on the outside, side, of the window.

photo1-8.jpg

Here's a closer picture of the speakers. For some reason I couldn't photograph my door panel accurately. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif In person it doesn't look like multicolored ****. It's a nice even satin black. I probably should of dusted it off.

I just picked the only spot in the door that they would fit(no room inside the factory kick panel dimensions), cut a hole, and mounted them. I don't really know enough, and didn't take into consideration how my sound stage will be. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

I probably should of taken my time picking a better location, and glassing them in, instead of just fitting inside factory lines, but I also wanted them to fit inside those factory lines. Oh well.

photo5-11.jpg

Hopefully I will get to finishing the trunk deadener later this week.

photo3-15.jpg

Looks fine, suede color is good. It is good to start simple with the doors. Ensure you like the location before you glass something in.
That's the thing, they aren't suede, They are painted with a satin. It looks spotty, and like suede because I couldn't photograph it properly.

Gotcha. Still looks good. I am curious how the enclosure works in.
This is a before(paint) picture of the trunk, just to show you the center hump that is in mine. The enclosure will fit kind of over that. The subs are . . . upward firing? I think that's the right term. directly above the enclosure is my package tray(below the rear window) that will hold my 6x9. They fit into that plywood board that can be seen in the picture above. That rectangle port between my 6x9 holes is where my factory rear defroster went. Well, my car doesn't have a defroster, so I cut the hole anyways, and it will serve as kind of a, "port" for the subs to , "flow" into the cabin. That was my idea, I'm not sure if it makes sense from an audio perspective. I guess we will see.

393550_253466768038118_100001243896159_812378_1522406472_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

This is a picture of some random 74 charger, but it should give you a better idea of my trunk layout.

74ChargerTrunk.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.