1965 Nova audio system

Participant count
  • Participant list

CPTT

Currently I am in Iraq serving a 15 month deployment. I've been buying a few components here and there trying to put together an audio system for my 65 Chevrolet Nova. I am going for a system with clear crisp sound, but don't need tons of volume. I want to be able to hear every bit of my music. Also, the car is a classic and I don't want to have a lot of visible audio equipment in the interior. This is what I have so far.

Pioneer P600UB head unit- glove box

MTX thunderlink 10" Sub with internal 100W amp

MB Quart RAB 450 4-channel amp (4 X 50w @ 4, 4 X 80w RMS @ 2)

MB Quart RVF 269 (6X9 2-way Reference component system) stealth mounted in package tray.

I chose the RAB 450 amp so that I could mount it under my front passenger seat. It is the smallest 4-channel amp that I know of (only 8" X 8")

For the front speakers I will either get a set of the MB quart Premium 6.5" components or the 6.5 Refrence.

Is there any effect on sound quality when running an amplifier at 2 ohms rather than 4 ohms and would it be recommended to do so to run component speakers?

Sorry for my ignorance.

Any comments would be appriciated.

Sounds nice man!!! Nice car choice too!!! As far as the ohm level, it all depends on the coil configuration your sub has. Also thank you for serving our country so that we can keep our independence and freedom!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.