1800.1d mini or 2800.1d

I am not really an amp guru, but what i am good at is finance and talking to China and Korea since I grew up in southeast Asia and worked there for over 4 yrs, so i know the ins and outs of these factories you call build houses. You guys are the expert, i give you that, if everything works out, I can deliver a 3500.1d amp for under $400 or at $400, so you can imagine how much the 2800.1d and the 2200.1d
So basically you're a business man looking to make some $$$? Let me just give you a heads up that the US market is already flooded with different companies and different amps. Unless you can hammer your brand into the heads of many AND provide excellent customer service... profit is going to be pretty slim. Ive seen too many small-time companies die over the past 6 years from either lack of advertisement, bad financial management and/or bad customer service. An individual who wants to start a car audio business needs to know how everything works too, and you'll need to study up on that as well.

You can start by asking this question... why would I, the customer, choose your amplifier over ~20 and more brands that are already on the market? Does it cost less than the competition? Is it reliable? Does it sound good? Can it run balls deep into low impedance or low voltage without blowing up?

So basically you're a business man looking to make some $$$? Let me just give you a heads up that the US market is already flooded with different companies and different amps. Unless you can hammer your brand into the heads of many AND provide excellent customer service... profit is going to be pretty slim. Ive seen too many small-time companies die over the past 6 years from either lack of advertisement, bad financial management and/or bad customer service. An individual who wants to start a car audio business needs to know how everything works too, and you'll need to study up on that as well.
not really in it for the $$$, I am going into this as a hobbyist and just trying to pass the savings, If I will be coming in as a businessman do you think i will just give you all a 3500.1d amp for under $400?

not really in it for the $$$, I am going into this as a hobbyist and just trying to pass the savings, If I will be coming in as a businessman do you think i will just give you all a 3500.1d amp for under $400?
sins your in tampa go to square deal battery, you can buy c&d batteries for really cheap brand new b stock blemished.

Pick up a 3500 or two and send em this way. I already have a fully functional test bench to support around 6-8k for tests. I also have the good ol truck for the old fashion beat the hell out of em tests lol.

I'll keep that in mind when i get the amp, still in negotiation but i will have it shipped to US by air so it will come in faster.

Have you considered what options you might have for the chassis if they work out? I know it will increase cost to have one tooled, but not to much though I wouldn't think. I'm curious as to their performance. I have looked a few times at amplifiers even brought in some prototypes but in the end I wanted to change several things and once the new cost was figured in it simply became "not worth the trouble" in the end do to the inflated costs of alteration and what would be the market value. I was only trying to get amps to keep up with other companies and offer something a tad more. Just couldn't make it work. I am still working on subs though, while that is a long process, I have far more fun with that then I did amps.

My main goal for this amp is to run stable at 1 ohm and deliver the wattage advertised for the right price, I actually changed some stuff but cost was very minimal, the trick is you talk to the factory who is building them and talk to the raw material factory who they work with. in each location in China there are several raw material factories and for you to see who makes class A materials and class B materials you need to find electronics stores that sells car stereo in that location and they can tell you which raw material factory to go to. You have to understand that China does business totally different from USA. The best people to ask about China export business are the ones from UK, since they used to own Hongkong. They have free ride on import export to China (Hongkong is like the mall of Asia, everybody builds in China and stores are in HongKong and all shipment ussually goes thru HongKong) I hope this helps

I knew that already, anyone who has been in this business for a while can tell you who, what ,when, and where for just about anything. Including the factories and raw material origin. However, it still falls down to his they feel that day and what is being negotiated. While knowing costs and understanding the operation can go a long way, it won't do it all. Some cases you fall victim to how those countries operate. If that is the case then you just to wait and call/email back a different day as the answers will be different by then.

However, your response didn't actually answer any part of my last question but rather just redirected to a country that is not even making these amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.