170db with 6.5s

how do they sound musically? or is this strictly a burp build? they look cool with such a big motor and small basket. a pair in my work truck would be nice.
Great. The box is tuned to 37hz. They will actually play into the low 30hz range with a good bit of output. But really shine in the mid to upper 30s

If you're still workin on this...My recommendation is to build a super small tube enclosure thats about 0.2cubic feet per 6.5 with a single 4" aero coming off of it. Peaking at about 80hz or as high as theyll let you play in your organization.

It wont play any music at all though of course.

170 is no joke. I know because I've messed around with super port for a few years now.

Not to discourage you, but I don't think you will get there without a dedicated port wars box. Or maybe a burp box with a lot of power.

Cool build though.

If you're still workin on this...My recommendation is to build a super small tube enclosure thats about 0.2cubic feet per 6.5 with a single 4" aero coming off of it. Peaking at about 80hz or as high as theyll let you play in your organization.
It wont play any music at all though of course.
I still mess with it every now and then but world keeps me.pretty busy. I'm wanting to be able to demo it and it definitely has to stay musical. But thanks for the advice

Mdf enclosure=added weight.
Looks pretty nice tho.
Yeah but it's cheap to rebuild and make changes to. I may switch to birch once I get everything finalized and meet my goals. Once I get to that point I'm going to build an amp rack and make it a false floor

170 is no joke. I know because I've messed around with super port for a few years now.
Not to discourage you, but I don't think you will get there without a dedicated port wars box. Or maybe a burp box with a lot of power.

Cool build though.
Thanks. I won't be that disappointed if I don't reach 170db. Ive made a few changes since the last post and almost getting 163db out of it. Still haven't done any deadning or bracing on the back door. I'm extremely pleased with the output and demos. It's even started to flex the windshield now lol

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Thanks

Update. I built a quick baffle and added 2 more 6.5s. Added a second SQ750 and strapped the pair @ .8ohms. Aslo added two 50ah batteries. Went to a show about a month ago. Took first place in port wars with a 162.8db. It also did 144.1 in the kick

Little update. I haven't been messing with this build much lately. These 6.5s are getting harder to find. I'd like to find 3 more and run 8 total or 5 more and run 10. A bigger tline will be in the works too when I find more subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dub7sonoma

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dub7sonoma
Greenwood, La
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date