17 titan xd build

Participant count
  • Participant list

cooperwafzig

The other day i was able to go into my local installers shop and talk to him about what i wanted to do with the stereo in my truck. I was looking at three way components but after talking to him it seems simpler and more reasonable to go with a good set of 2 way components. I will be buying most of the gear from him, he gives me good prices and honest advice so i am fine with paying slightly more then what i could get stuff off of ebay or amazon.

I have decided on most my equipment i will use, with the exception of speakers, and possibly adding a DSP. My goal is to be a great SQ setup and still be able to turn up and crank on it. I am coming from what i call a good stereo in my old truck, jl 12w3 in stealthbox and hertz cpx165 pros. want to match the loudness but improve on sound quality. Here is what i am thinking.

Head unit: Pioneer AVH-2400NEX

Amps: Pioneer GMD8604 & GMD8601

Subs: 2x JL8w3v3's. will probably have to build a custom ported box for these. (The JL microsub box wont fit anywhere well in my truck)

My question is about the speakers. I will be getting 6.5 components for the front, Probably the matching coax for the back.

I am looking at

JL C5-650

JL C3-650

Pioneer TS-Z65CH

Kenwood XR-1800P

Hertz CPK165 Pro

Focal Access 165AS

Rockford T2652-S

I can get all of these locally so not really looking for any others at this time. Wanting to know if any of you have experience with these speakers and how much you liked them. Really interested in the pioneer Z series. Idk if the JL's are worth the extra coin but i have always like my JL gear in the past so i would like to give them a look.

If a DSP would drastically help SQ then i would probably go with the JL Twk 88. Its just the one that my installer is probably most familiar with and its not priced to high, so i would be going with that one.

Dealer will be doing the full install including sound deadening doors and adding speaker rings and such.

Any help or review is greatly appreicated.

Thanks

Thanks!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.