17.5 sq in port per cube to much? trying to get design to builder so he can do it.

Participant count
  • Participant list

BOOMINGRANDPA
5,000+ posts

WOLFRAM FTW
NC
the box i designing for FU 750 or at least something at that level is 2.22-2.3 cf ad (after bracing and corner boards and all) 3x13" port @35hz which make port seem large.. i have others in the 2.35 with 2.5x13 port or 2.44cf 2.75x13" port which is 14.65 sq in per cube.. The fi alpha box is easy to do 2.26 cf 2.5x13 port (curve looks great too and that's 30% larger than the 1 i have) but the fu has higher port velocity so if i get it especially at 1 ohm needs larger port.. @Jeffdachef can u check it for me please? i want to give dimensions to neighbor so he can do it when he has time..

your port doesnt need to be that big since you dont have that much power going to it. If you had 2.5k going to the sub maybe 1000ish after rise you'll need that much port area. On your ppi 1000.1 Keep the port small.

your port doesnt need to be that big since you dont have that much power going to it. If you had 2.5k going to the sub maybe 1000ish after rise you'll need that much port area. On your ppi 1000.1 Keep the port small.
i put my model above and this is basically what box will look like maybe 2" wider with double baffle., i had them drawn up then found this on ssa and it's really close to what i had and will show builder how to do port boards

What about using an aeroport instead of a slot port?
well it's just something i gotta buy instead of guy making port.. i was told slot is better than round, i know i could use smaller round and have little more air space and all but doubt many peeps would recommend round over slot..

or octoport....
i have no idea how to calculate that, love them though.. i just printed that diagram so i can just adjust box width and port length so guy can use it, i'd have to draw anything else and that would not look good..

well it's just something i gotta buy instead of guy making port.. i was told slot is better than round, i know i could use smaller round and have little more air space and all but doubt many peeps would recommend round over slot..

Round is optimum but it can get expensive and hard to implement if you need a good bit of area and have a small box or at least tedious and labor intensive if you want to build it out of wood.

Make the port as large as you can while keeping the box and port a practical size.

Round is optimum but it can get expensive and hard to implement if you need a good bit of area and have a small box or at least tedious and labor intensive if you want to build it out of wood.
Make the port as large as you can while keeping the box and port a practical size.
u mean even on slot port? cause i can do 14.65 or 15.6 sq in per cf slot all of the boxes will be 20% bigger than the recommend but everyone usually says to make them bigger on heavier subs anyway.. my neighbor makes a nice box, very skilled. just don't know nothing about stereos so i have to give him exact everything.. here's 1 he made, actually belongs to another guy here..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.