Update on the EVL

Participant count
  • Participant list

dudeogo

Actually a Potato
After having it in for somewhere around a month, the suspension on the EVL is finally breaking in. I'm still not happy with the volume (Id say its around 145 but i haven't metered it.) but it has increased quite a bit as of late. It is a decent daily sub, but I'm going to sell it as soon as the opportunity presents itself. It feels almost like it doesn't have enough motor force to even reach it's full Xmax. It seems like my hannibal 12 had more even though it was rated less. could just be a trick of the eye though.

After having it in for somewhere around a month, the suspension on the EVL is finally breaking in. I'm still not happy with the volume (Id say its around 145 but i haven't metered it.) but it has increased quite a bit as of late. It is a decent daily sub, but I'm going to sell it as soon as the opportunity presents itself. It feels almost like it doesn't have enough motor force to even reach it's full Xmax. It seems like my hannibal 12 had more even though it was rated less. could just be a trick of the eye though.
No, what you see is correct, the evl are unbalanced subs compared to the hannibals.

yup. I mean everyone knows its a crappy amp, but it does near rated and I needed a temp amp.
I gotcha, honestly if you picked up a higher powered amp i bet that sub would really shine. Like id recommend a taramps 3k, i got mine used for $230. Browse the cl and fb a little and you could probably find a decent replacement for cheap

I gotcha, honestly if you picked up a higher powered amp i bet that sub would really shine. Like id recommend a taramps 3k, i got mine used for $230. Browse the cl and fb a little and you could probably find a decent replacement for cheap
You couldnt make an EVL shine if you painted it chrome. and i was planning on a few big taramps amps for the rebuild. prolly a couple 8ks

yeah i aint no huge fan of them but i bet if u had skar 2200 it would be quite a bit louder.. look at fu 1250 18 cheap for what u get and usa sub FU Car Audio, fu audio, fu car audio
I just said im walling with at least 4 15s. 6 if I do a 4th but Im pretty much set on a flat wall right now. I'll be rebuilding the eclipses myself. or ill go for a 4hp motored sub if i can. No more money is being invested in the skar.

I just said im walling with at least 4 15s. 6 if I do a 4th but Im pretty much set on a flat wall right now. I'll be rebuilding the eclipses myself. or ill go for a 4hp motored sub if i can. No more money is being invested in the skar.
good plan. 3hp and 4hp motors are several leagues above skar. Just some of these new guys dont know lol how crazy those motor platforms were. I personally a pair of tc sounds 5200 15s and it was super loud and was hair tricking on a 4 channel amp A 4 CHANNEL AMP... motors are soo strong and subs are soo linear, SQ and efficiency is through the roof meaning ITS A MUCH louder sub than the EVL can ever hope to achieve, literally you'll need 2 EVLs to match a tc sounds 5200. The goal is to not throw massive power and barely get any results. The goal is to throw the least amount of power and be loud AF.

good plan. 3hp and 4hp motors are several leagues above skar. Just some of these new guys dont know lol. a pair of tc sounds 5200 was super loud and was hair tricking on a 4 channel amp... motors are soo strong and subs are soo linear, SQ and efficiency is through the roof meaning ITS A MUCH louder sub than the EVL can ever hope to achieve, literally you'll need 2 EVLs to match a tc sounds 5200. The goal is to not throw massive power and barely get any results. The goal is to throw the least amount of power and be loud AF.
thanks. my hope is to do 2 8ks on 4 rebuilt 88150ti subs with PSI parts. Hopefully 2.5/2k ish to each sub after rise. They have the TC sounds 3hp. Also, I know hispls says only a flat wall and I know they are easier to get loud, but what would be the pros and cons to doing 6 15s in a 4th rather than 4 in a flat.

thanks. my hope is to do 2 8ks on 4 rebuilt 88150ti subs with PSI parts. Hopefully 2.5/2k ish to each sub after rise. They have the TC sounds 3hp. Also, I know hispls says only a flat wall and I know they are easier to get loud, but what would be the pros and cons to doing 6 15s in a 4th rather than 4 in a flat.
i know the cons lmao. pros are very little. All my friends that swapped from 4th order to flatwall gained massively. They had more than enough aispace to do the 4th in the first place too.

i know the cons lmao. pros are very little. All my friends that swapped from 4th order to flatwall gained massively. They had more than enough aispace to do the 4th in the first place too.
Alright I'll just kick that thought out of my head lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.