16 gauge speaker wire, this any good?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bumpin_blazer
5,000+ posts

Only the Strong Survive
Austin,TX
So I know the debate is always wire is wire...for the most part. So I'm asking if any of you guys think this would be ok for a friend of mine who is looking to install a cheap system: http://riascrazydeals.com/rw_5752_PETRA-T16-RT-100255-516-BULK-SPEAKER-WIRE-(16-GAUGE-100-FT).html . His thought is 9 bucks for this spool vs. what is typically 35-50 for any other brand of 100ft wire. Even knu is 36 bucks for the Karma which is the cheapest 16 gauge that they have in stock. So my question is, will this be good enough? I mean 9 bucks and free shipping, that seems hard to beat.

it should be fine. i would not use it to power my sub with, but door speakers it'll be fine. even a smaller sub should be ok with this. if not, just make 2 runs to the sub (one pos/neg) to make it carry a little more juice

He's got 10gauge for the sub, this is just going to be for the components i am putting in kick panels for him. they'll have like 80w per side so i figured 16 was plenty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.