how much dynamat did your car take?

dennit469
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Clemson, SC
for people that have, how many square feet did it take, i got a 99 2 door explorer, i wanna do the whole car, preferably the doors and side panels all the way to the back and the rear hatch, any idea of how much i need?

I used 400ft of Second Skin in my car. I have 3 rules in car audio. .....one of them is....YOU CANNOT HAVE TOO MUCH DEADENER. In other words buy as much as you can afford.

shits expensive tho, even on the cheap side with some fatmat off of ebay is still runnin 100-130 shipped for 100 sq. ft.
I used 6 rolls of Raamat in my mustang, I like to overkill on the deadener, trunk, floorpan, doors, roof, firewall, several layers everywhere possible.

Look into Raamat, far cheaper than dynamat, don't get fatmat, its asphault based not butyl

http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=pr

what if it was just like 1 single layer of it all over and not on the floorsexcept for maybe in the back with the sub
don't cheap out with fatmat or something.

buy as much as the good stuff as you can afford, then go back later and add more.

doesnt take that long to pull seats, carpet out.

I used 6 rolls of Raamat in my mustang, I like to overkill on the deadener, trunk, floorpan, doors, roof, firewall, several layers everywhere possible.
Look into Raamat, far cheaper than dynamat, don't get fatmat, its asphault based not butyl

http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=pr
great stuff:)

so far in my cavalier i only have 60sq ft but that is all in my doors. my doors are very quiet now but every other noise is much more present now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

yea im not really tryin to overkill on like 800 pounds of sound deadener, would 100 sq. ft. be enough for 1 layer excluding under the front and rear seats

yea im not really tryin to overkill on like 800 pounds of sound deadener, would 100 sq. ft. be enough for 1 layer excluding under the front and rear seats

The more the better, but any is better than none, start with your doors as thats one of the worst spots for sound pressure loss

100sq ft should do one layer across the whole car. If you're wanting to make it count only do the problem spots. Too many people with basic installs go overkill on getting deadener in every conceivable location. Once a panel or area is no longer resonant, you're not gaining a lot by adding more to that specific area...

yea like i said no overkill. i just want my door speakers to not sounds like ****. honestly i bought these rainbows thinking i would see alot of difference but i havent yet, maybe because the speakers wernt the right size and i had ghetto installation with air gaps between the normal mounting space. the car used to not rattle as bad but every since i got the 18 it just gotten worse, the whole car is irrtating because its like a constant jiggle of plastic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.