Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a more objective way of declaring which enclosure is "better" than the other than an SPL number, i'd like to know about it.
Have you never seen the "cleanest install" award given out at a soundoff? I'd wager that the Woodlawn enclosures are far more likely to win in that particular category than Mark's boxes. The term "best" can be applied to many, many different things, Tommy.

The thing people forget to factor into here is the car itself. Ask any person into any sort of SPL or SQ competition, the car itself plays a MAJOR factor into how acousitics play out.
Do I need to pull out the red herring on you too? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The term "best" can be applied to many, many different things, Tommy.
HERESY!!!!11!

Wasn't there just recently a thread on this very forum about a customer being exceedingly dissatisfied due to the extraordinarily long wait time involved in actually getting a TCAB into the customer's hands?
To be honest, i know it takes a LONG time to get a box from mark. But if you could see the time and effort that goes into each box, maybe you would see why it takes so long.

Especially now that he switched over to birch and dato'd joints, it takes even more time. But the extra time spent on the enclosure shows in the end product.

It is not to say that the customer is dissatisified with the enclosure itself, rather with the time it took to get the enclosure. Mark is a one-man-show. When you are getting 3-4 boxes a day to build, on top of trying to keep up with all the forums and emails, things can get very hectic. Have you ever tried to build 3 entirely designed, constructed, and carpeted /finished/painted enclosures in one day? And still leave time to ship them out? Its not that easy.

Have you never seen the "cleanest install" award given out at a soundoff? I'd wager that the Woodlawn enclosures are far more likely to win in that particular category than Mark's boxes. The term "best" can be applied to many, many different things, Tommy.

Blasphemy!!

It is not to say that the customer is dissatisified with the enclosure itself, rather with the time it took to get the enclosure. Mark is a one-man-show. When you are getting 3-4 boxes a day to build, on top of trying to keep up with all the forums and emails, things can get very hectic. Have you ever tried to build 3 entire designed, constructed, and carpeted enclosures in one day? And still leave time to ship them out? Its not that easy.
Being satisfied with the final product is not the only component in being satisfied with the overall purchase experience.
I can go to X vendor to buy a product and actually get exactly what I paid for. If I do not feel as if I were treated like a valued customer (at least to some extent and an inordinately long wait time won't do this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif), however, having received what I paid for inandofitself is not going to make me a repeat (read that as "satisfied") customer.

To be honest, i know it takes a LONG time to get a box from mark. But if you could see the time and effort that goes into each box, maybe you would see why it takes so long.
Especially now that he switched over to birch and dato'd joints, it takes even more time. But the extra time spent on the enclosure shows in the end product.

It is not to say that the customer is dissatisified with the enclosure itself, rather with the time it took to get the enclosure. Mark is a one-man-show. When you are getting 3-4 boxes a day to build, on top of trying to keep up with all the forums and emails, things can get very hectic. Have you ever tried to build 3 entire designed, constructed, and carpeted enclosures in one day? And still leave time to ship them out? Its not that easy.

Ok, that's nice and all.But how in the hell does it take 2 months to do what he does?It's 6 ****ing panels for christs sake.

If I started early in the morning, I could easily churn out 3 boxes a day.It ain't that hard, you act like its rocket science.

I would never depend soley on boxes for income.

Tell that to the people involved in Q-Logic boxes...

Tell that to someone who flips burgers...

Tell that to bill gates, hell, he started off just selling a program for a computer, how stupid.

Its a living....

Being satisfied with the final product is not the only component in being satisfied with the overall purchase experience.
I can go to X vendor to buy a product and actually get exactly what I paid for. If I do not feel as if I were treated like a valued customer, however, having received what I paid for inandofitself is not going to make me a repeat (read that as "satisfied") customer.
And you aren't a customer. And from the look of things, don't plan on being one.

So why do you care?

Its funny how all the people *****ing and moaning about mark and his business have NO intention of EVER buying a box from him or ever doing business with him...EVER.

So I have an idea. How about you STFU and move on with your life. Let mark do what he does and leave him alone. All the customers he's had seem to be doing just fine with their boxes and say it's worth the wait. While the rest of you people who have nothing better to do than hate on him try to find every little reason to tear him apart.

It's getting really f*cking old.

Since when has Rockford Fosgate depended solely on enclosures for their income? (look it up - yes, they own controlling interest)
Which has exactly what to do with subwoofer enclosures?
Tell that to bill gates, hell, he started off just selling a program for a computer, how stupid.
That he stole the program to do!
Its a living....
Good luck with that...

Ok, that's nice and all.But how in the hell does it take 2 months to do what he does?It's 6 ****ing panels for christs sake.If I started early in the morning, I could easily churn out 3 boxes a day.It ain't that hard, you act like its rocket science.
hardcore slacking //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Its a living....
wont be too long if it isnt treated like one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Its funny how all the people *****ing and moaning about mark and his business have NO intention of EVER buying a box from him or ever doing business with him...EVER.
I wonder why that is? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

And you aren't a customer. And from the look of things, don't plan on being one.
You and Snova were arguing in hypotheticals. Am I disallowed to participate for some reason known only to yourself?
So why do you care?
Because you are entirely missing the point whether that be by accident or design. Outside of that review above response.

So I have an idea. How about you STFU and move on with your life. Let mark do what he does and leave him alone. All the customers he's had seem to be doing just fine with their boxes and say it's worth the wait. While the rest of you people who have nothing better to do than hate on him try to find every little reason to tear him apart.
Here's another idea, Tommy! Mark's a big boy and I would wager perfectly capable of defending himself should he feel the need and the inclination to do so. Soooooo ~ why don't you STFU and let him sink or swim on his own merits or lack thereof?
It's getting really f*cking old.
So is your continual ******* on his nutz. As I do not foresee that stopping anytime soon....*AHEM!*

Get the point?

Its a living....

Ok, let's get a few thigns straight.Q-Logic is owned by Rockford ****ing Fosgate.A VERY well known AND respected name in the industry.Maybe not by us, but by the majority of people.They are a large company, with insane amounts of money.They can easily a lot more enclosures than you could.Hell, they probably sell more boxes in a week than you have in a year.But I have no numbers to back this up.They are sold in Best Buy, Circuit City, Crutchfield, and many many other larger stores, some smaller shops.They can probably complete an enclosure from start to finish in 2 hours or less (I'm guessing a lot less).I have never been in their factory but they probably have a little assembly line.One person does one job and does it quick, then onto the next portion.

Flipping burgers.Fast food is a VERY large source of income.Why?**** loads of customers.It's steady pay with no doubts unless the company magically goes bankrupt (quite unlinkely).It's quite easy to make a living selling fast food.

Bill Gates is, Bill Gates.

You can't compare yourself to Q-logic in that sense.YOU ARE A BACKYARD BUILDER.Doesn't matter if you think you're better than everyone else.Q-logic, like I said is a well known company with many retailers.How many stores that have over 500 stores in a country stock your boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Randy Savage

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
Randy Savage
New York
Start date
Participants