Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that's nice and all.But how in the hell does it take 2 months to do what he does?It's 6 ****ing panels for christs sake.
If I started early in the morning, I could easily churn out 3 boxes a day.It ain't that hard, you act like its rocket science.
Now, answer emails/IM's/forums for 2-3 hours everyday.

Spend a day out of the week driving around getting supplies.

Scout and research possible shop locations.

Continue to advance the construction and design through testing.

Drive to deliver boxes when the customer is local, help install/test those boxes.... make vids of those setups, edit and upload those vids.

Havent even gotten to building yet... design, fixing screwups, changes in orders, support....

Now, eat, sleep, and try to have some time to do something else.

And most importantly... sit on the computer at 3 AM typing this because some people are intent on ruining your business.

Been there and done almost all of that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Except it doesn't take me an entire ****ing day to get supplies.

Now, answer emails/IM's/forums for 2-3 hours everyday.
Spend a day out of the week driving around getting supplies.

Scout and research possible shop locations.

Continue to advance the construction and design through testing.

Drive to deliver boxes when the customer is local, help install/test those boxes.... make vids of those setups, edit and upload those vids.

Havent even gotten to building yet... design, fixing screwups, changes in orders, support....

Now, eat, sleep, and try to have some time to do something else.

And most importantly... sit on the computer at 3 AM typing this because some people are intent on ruining your business.
3 hours a day for email?

you only get enough supplies to last a week?

It takes a day to get those supplies?

could go on, but im tired //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

3 hours a day for email? you only get enough supplies to last a week?

could go on, but im tired //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Do you realize how much **** mark has to go through every day?

How much time do you spend on the internet just f*cking around?

Ok, let's get a few thigns straight.Q-Logic is owned by Rockford ****ing Fosgate.A VERY well known AND respected name in the industry.Maybe not by us, but by the majority of people.They are a large company, with insane amounts of money.They can easily a lot more enclosures than you could.Hell, they probably sell more boxes in a week than you have in a year.But I have no numbers to back this up.They are sold in Best Buy, Circuit City, Crutchfield, and many many other larger stores, some smaller shops.They can probably complete an enclosure from start to finish in 2 hours or less (I'm guessing a lot less).I have never been in their factory but they probably have a little assembly line.One person does one job and does it quick, then onto the next portion.
Flipping burgers.Fast food is a VERY large source of income.Why?**** loads of customers.It's steady pay with no doubts unless the company magically goes bankrupt (quite unlinkely).It's quite easy to make a living selling fast food.

Bill Gates is, Bill Gates.

You can't compare yourself to Q-logic in that sense.YOU ARE A BACKYARD BUILDER.Doesn't matter if you think you're better than everyone else.Q-logic, like I said is a well known company with many retailers.How many stores that have over 500 stores in a country stock your boxes?
My point being, I'm attempting to grow and build as much as possible, attempting to make a living.

How I choose to make that living is up to me... I do what I do well, and would rather build a box than work at Ford screwing in the dash on a taurus all day. At this point, I could make more screwing in a dash... but now is an investment in the future...

There is a market here, and the current offerings (q logic, etc) are weak... a TCAB box sounds a hell of alot better than a Q logic box, period.

I have 2 shops currently selling the boxes, its a start.

There is a market here, and the current offerings (q logic, etc) are weak... a TCAB box sounds a hell of alot better than a Q logic box, period.
I've never even heard a TCAB and I won't dispute this. Wouldn't be tough to improve upon a Q-Logic. But it was offered up as an example as people that rely solely on enclosures for a living and unless RF quit selling speakers, subs, amps, plus their wiring and related accessories and I missed the memo it is an invalid example, fella. Period.

3 hours a day for email? you only get enough supplies to last a week?

I have to drive an hour, more if there is traffic, to pick up PVC.

That trip takes 3-4 hours out of my day...

Wood I have to get cut, load, unload... it typically eats an hour - 1.5 hours... have to get paints/glues/ order stuff online...

And no, I can't buy stuff by the pallet... note that I am currently looking for a shop and negotiating with a few places...

The issue comes down to not wait times, or particleboard, or birch, or how many boxes he does...

For me, it's those two words - "the best". People may post that there's no way to quantify that short of SPL numbers...does it really matter in the end? I know that personally, I couldn't give two shits about SPL, but how do I get that across to someone that thinks like Mark? You can't.

If TCAB prided itself on making the best-performing SPL enclosures, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it. Because it's not trying to take one person's belief and generalize everyone with it.

I've never even heard a TCAB and I won't dispute this. Wouldn't be tough to improve upon a Q-Logic. But it was offered up as an example as people that rely solely on enclosures for a living and unless RF quit selling speakers, subs, amps, plus their wiring and related accessories and I missed the memo it is an invalid example, fella. Period.
you missed the point...

pay attention:

People who work in the Q logic section of rockford rely SOLELY on Q LOGIC to supply them and their families with a living.

If Q logic failed, they would be out of work.

Read it a few times, maybe it'll sink in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Mark has a good thing going here, I have to ask: why are you guys hating him for it? He is doing well for himself and selling solid products. Leave him alone and let him do what he is doing.

My point being, I'm attempting to grow and build as much as possible, attempting to make a living.
How I choose to make that living is up to me... I do what I do well, and would rather build a box than work at Ford screwing in the dash on a taurus all day. At this point, I could make more screwing in a dash... but now is an investment in the future...

I have 2 shops currently selling the boxes, its a start.

I'm sorry, but I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt you'll EVER be 1/100th the size of Q-logic.If you're saying you can make more money in the future, you better really get your **** together.You'll either jack up your prices, or have to hire more help.Or both.What will it take then, 4 months to get a box?

That's nice you're doing what you like.I'll give you that.That is what I'm doing right now, and it's been working great for me.Then again I am working for a well formed company, not myself.And I'm not trying to undertake one of the biggest names in the industry.

you missed the point...
pay attention:

People who work in the Q logic section of rockford rely SOLELY on Q LOGIC to supply them and their families with a living.

If Q logic failed, they would be out of work.

Read it a few times, maybe it'll sink in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
That is an assumption based on the guess that if RF were to discontinue the QLogic division of their entire enterprise that each and every employee there would be laid off rather than cross-trained and placed elsewhere. Do you know for a fact that this is so? I'm not nearly so stupid as you apparently have mistakenly been led to believe somehow, guy. Patronizing me is done purely at your peril.

The issue comes down to not wait times, or particleboard, or birch, or how many boxes he does...
For me, it's those two words - "the best". People may post that there's no way to quantify that short of SPL numbers...does it really matter in the end? I know that personally, I couldn't give two shits about SPL, but how do I get that across to someone that thinks like Mark? You can't.

If TCAB prided itself on making the best-performing SPL enclosures, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it. Because it's not trying to take one person's belief and generalize everyone with it.
Christ... is it really worth all of this bs?

Go after the ebay sellers who say their 1 cube 45hz 15 box will give you great deep bass and super SQ...

Excuse me for believing in my product, I'll change the homepage to a pic of a wally world box with a link to their store locator.

What more do you want?

Mark has a good thing going here, I have to ask: why are you guys hating him for it? He is doing well for himself and selling solid products. Leave him alone and let him do what he is doing.
agreed...

If the effort put into anti TCAB graphics/arguments/bashing were put into something useful, maybe a kid in korea would be eating a full meal tonight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Randy Savage

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
Randy Savage
New York
Start date
Participants