150W RMS 8" sub choice

ZPilot
10+ year member

I am currently without a sub in my Z which is running a JL300.2 amp and 653cxi competition seperates. I just sold my JL500.1 and 2 10W3 subs. They were too much sub/amp for the environment.

With the proceeds, I ordered a Clarion equalizer, and have a lot of cash left over. I plan to boost the mid and deep bass from the 6.5" door woofers with the equalizer.

Anyway, I don't listen to rap or movie soundtracks, so deep bass isn't the heart of the system. I have a 50x2 amp sitting around that I can bridge to 150W @ 2 ohms. I was thinking I could get a decent 8" SVC sub to run with the amp. People are kicking the Assasain name around this board, but it needs a 200-300W amp.

Somebody else said the Rockford Fosgates blow up easily, though they have the right specs. I will be building a custom enclosure if this plan pans out.

Any thoughts on a good 8" sub to run at 150W @ 2 ohms?

Am I wasting my time trying to find a good 8" sub with a low power amp? (Infinity Kappa's don't come in 8", or I would get one- they're high sensitivity)

I'm looking for SQL.

Thx

Are you sure its not 150RMS at 4 ohms? Most two channels are only stable at 4 ohms bridged....and the assassin wouldnt be too bad with that power....

I just noticed it said recommended power was 150W, so it should be fine. I will have to look into the 4 vs 2 ohms, but it shouldn't matter. I've bridged it before.

Does anyone know the frequency response? It's not listed on their website. I'm looking for 30hz-200hz.

Thx

I have a pair of Next Audio CL8 8" that can handle 150w @ 4ohm each or you can pair em and will soind good with 150w @ 2ohms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif $50 + shipping Next is Audison

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.