$150 To Spend, DCON The Best?

Well, if I get something thats good off 250-300w, then I could just keep the DSC-480 and save some money. If I get something that needs more, then Ill be getting the Crescendo, which is more money. So if the 2.0 is good for a daily, and has good SQ, I might do that for now to save some cash.
With the music you listed in mind and your options I think you would be very happy with it.

Well, if I get something thats good off 250-300w, then I could just keep the DSC-480 and save some money. If I get something that needs more, then Ill be getting the Crescendo, which is more money. So if the 2.0 is good for a daily, and has good SQ, I might do that for now to save some cash.
Then if that's the case u will love the dcon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Between the DCON and the AQ off 250-300w from the DSC-480, which is more worth the money? The AQ is $120 shipped, the DCON $160 shipped. The DCON can take more power, so if it wasnt enough I could get a better amp later on. But if the AQ can get decently loud with 250w, then it might be worth the $40 saved.

Any comments on the SQ of either, or which one would have better mid bass?

I want to order today, just sold my SAs.

What kind of tuning would be good for the AQ? Would it be possible to do a straight port to the side of the box for either sub, around 2cu? I have about 40in long, 15 tall and deep to work with. Im thinking Im going to put it as close to the back of the trunk as possible this time instead of pushed all the way up towards the rear seats.

I think Im going to go with the AQ. I was messing around with winISD, and from ~38-50Hz the AQ is 1-2db higher then the DCON in 2.25cu @ 30-32hz.

Plus the DCON has a one week build time.

Thats two with 800w, kind of a different ball park there.

I had already put the order in for the AQ. If I dont like it, Ill sell it and get the DCON. Its cheap so it should be easy to flip localy with a box.

Going to make a thread for the enclosure design.

IMO the dcon or the dayton would be the best choice. AQ are not really all that nice in the SQ department.
I don't agree with that last part. I wish you were in the other half the US I would invite you to come check us out at the AQ booth at the heatwave shows and see what you think about the quality when they are properly installed. Also, the AQs get very low when in the proper enclosure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I don't agree with that last part. I wish you were in the other half the US I would invite you to come check us out at the AQ booth at the heatwave shows and see what you think about the quality when they are properly installed. Also, the AQs get very low when in the proper enclosure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
you and AQ lol

you and AQ lol
To many people on here talk about them and just don't know what they are saying. They sound great and get down low. A few people had them incorrect enclosures or other issues with the install and now a few people decided to talk negative about them. I'm doing my part to get that part straightened out. The subs perform very very well and for the price they are very hard to beat. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

This was not directed to anyone directly, just the overall generalization of incorrect information passed on about AQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ctmaudi

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
ctmaudi
Akron, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date