15" Woofer. Looking for options.

rickymac21
10+ year member

2loud4u
I'm looking for a new sub to get back in the game. Looking specifically for a 15" sub that will get down and dirty on 800-1500w rms.

Max price I'm trying to spend is $300.

I'm really into RE (mt,sx), AQ (hdc3), FI (bl), DC (lvl4-5)... Well you get the gist.

I'm also looking for an amp if anyone has some GOOD deals on them. I have looked on here and haven't found much (except whats already sold unfortunately). Again, the amp would be powering the 15 so I would need roughly 1500w rms 1ohm stable.

That's about it, hopefully there is something on here..

I have a lvl 4 12 that I got from mylows, on a saz1500v3 at 1ohm, in a ported box at 32hrtz. It kills the lows and sounds good doing it. The sub is rated at 1400 wrms, it is probably getting a little more than rated. You would most likely enjoy the output of that sub, just make sure to put it in the proper enclosure, no matter which sub you choose. The enclosure will be tantamount on your final output.

I had an aq hdc3 12 tuned to 37 that was aggresive as hell around 40, but in the lower 30s it just wasnt very authoritive and didnt sound nearly as musical. so its really up to your tastes
We must have similar taste, i prefer groundpound setups. Tuning boxes to around 32-34. Looks like Im ruling out the hdc3.

We must have similar taste, i prefer groundpound setups. Tuning boxes to around 32-34. Looks like Im ruling out the hdc3.
like i said though some people will make claims of the hdcs dipping real low but also what a groundpounder is to some isnt to others. I have heard of people tuning the hdc to 34

and dont get me wrong, i love when your pounding in the upper 30s low 40s and cant see straight, but i also love a ton of air movement

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.