15" si mag vs. Idmax SQ BATTLE

Maybe? I agree though. I would go for a 4-door. I actually think they look better than the coupes. ****, I think the new Infinity's look nicer than any new BMW or Mercedes I have seen. Except for the M6 I saw the other day. He parked right in front of our store. That thing is nuts. Guy said it was $120k too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif , we were guessing like 65k.

get the mag. the idmax are junk. they will not handle much power. maybe like 500 watts max then blow up! Stick with something reliable. I owned two idmax, they were junk! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif People complain because they can't handle the truth..it hurts them..because I owned it..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Can anyone say fob?

OMG, that is the ugliest **** I ever saw! I bet it gives 2 miles per gallon. I am sure your a white boy now. I suggest you get something that can take a corner, without needing an engine overhaul. I would suggest pickandpull for parts after it blows up! I seen a shitload of similar junk! Seriously, I have been racing ever since I was in 9th grade. What you have is power to junk ratio! LOL! Get something more efficient, that doesn't kill the earth! My 89 honda will beat that junk in an endurance test, eventhough it has more then 300,000 miles! Its might not be faster but I will be faster in the corners when your flipping like a coin! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif Racist fob. I have a ton of friends of different backgrounds/cultures that respect the power of american cars. Imports are not the **** all the time.

Racing since 9th grade? What are you now, 10th grade? I think it's unfortunate that you didn't die yet. Typical fob.

Its might not be faster but I will be faster in the corners when your flipping like a coin! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif
EL OH EL

NOS stickers make ur civic faster too, u should try it.
Don'y want to make it too fast though. He might pull into a driveway too quick and tear the bodykit up, lol. There is a reason that those old cars are so heavy. They are made out of metal, not plastic. So when the Chevelle gets in an accident, it won't crumple up like Bossman's girlfriend's panties on my floor.

I've read most of that article before.
It confirms that there is, in fact, such thing as woofer speed. Apparently, the only misconceptions lie in what factors play a role in it.

Earlier in the thread someone said that woofers can't be faster or slower.
Hz = frequency = cycles per second. Therefore the woofer cone's speed will be dictated by the frequency its playing, not by its moving mass, or even inductance.

Current excursion levels will also effect how 'fast' the cone must move. But, actual cone velocity is not what dictates transient response. That's where inductance, and Dan's wooferspeed article, come into play.

Hz = frequency = cycles per second. Therefore the woofer cone's speed will be dictated by the frequency its playing, not by its moving mass, or even inductance.
Current excursion levels will also effect how 'fast' the cone must move. But, actual cone velocity is not what dictates transient response. That's where inductance, and Dan's wooferspeed article, come into play.
True. I think the trouble is arising from what people are referring to when they are saying "faster". One means cone velocity, and the other means response. I can't quite see why anyone would think cone velocity when someone is looking for a "faster" sub, though. I don't really think anyone cares about how fast the cone is moving as long as it's playing the music. I think it's pretty much a good assumption that whenever someone uses the term "faster" they're looking for better transient response.

True. I think the trouble is arising from what people are referring to when they are saying "faster". One means cone velocity, and the other means response. I can't quite see why anyone would think cone velocity when someone is looking for a "faster" sub, though. I don't really think anyone cares about how fast the cone is moving as long as it's playing the music. I think it's pretty much a good assumption that whenever someone uses the term "faster" they're looking for better transient response.
I think you give most people too much credit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Not the people of this board, but the 'average' person.
When you say better transient response, how are you saying the driver acheives this goal? I agree with you, but Im not sure we agree for the same reasons. lol I can almost guarantee the vast majority of people never think this deep about the subject, instead just listen to hype and then think lighter cone equals 'faster' response equals better detailed bass.

"Response" is dictated by so many things. Even the different vehicle environments play a big role in a speaker, or a stereo's frequency response. Its impossible to predict that exactly, especially over a computer, so we get bogged down in arguing about raw drivers instead. lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ok. So can we agree that some subs have faster response than others, thereby making that a legitimate concern when searching for which sub to buy?

I think you give most people too much credit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Not the people of this board, but the 'average' person.
When you say better transient response, how are you saying the driver acheives this goal? I agree with you, but Im not sure we agree for the same reasons. lol I can almost guarantee the vast majority of people never think this deep about the subject, instead just listen to hype and then think lighter cone equals 'faster' response equals better detailed bass.

"Response" is dictated by so many things. Even the different vehicle environments play a big role in a speaker, or a stereo's frequency response. Its impossible to predict that exactly, especially over a computer, so we get bogged down in arguing about raw drivers instead. lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
i could be off in this but i have read some articles concering the speaker's inductance... a sub is an inductor coil, in effect, inductors resist a change in the current going through them so a high inductance sub will have a harder time changeing the signal going through it and thus the output frequency, a lower inductance sub will change these frequencies faster, or with better transient responce... i'm not exactly sure how lower inductance is achieved, i guess if i was i'd have tonz of money from my line of subs

hey thanks! I don't think I am doing anything wrong here. Well I had the woofers back in early 04, they were on backorder.. Might have been a defective batch. I don't really know. Well if he likes it good for him. It surely didn't work for me..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif It was not the gain it wasn't the box it was the woofer..
it was your gain and it was the box as I proved in the other thread.

The only time i've ever heard of bad sub batches was with adire and their mkIII brahmas. in your case it's not that the subwoofer didn't work for you. YOU didn't work for the sub. I feel sorry for that sub.

x2 on jntar's post.

I completely agree with you about the average consumer being easily swayed by all the marketing hype. Misinformed consumers are the reason companies like Audiobahn are still in business. Hell, the average consumer will drop a couple grand at their local best Buy without doing any research. But when speaking on this forum, I think it's pretty safe to assume that people want better transient response when they ask for something "faster".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.