15" Kove Armageddon?

skeptikal
Premium Member

Hold the wheel and drive
Indiana, US
it says the model # is Z15D... i dont know if that Z makes it the Z series but its got 1100 rms and dual 4 ohm coils. if its the right ones i think i might cop up on one.

i think you know what i think, im getting one for some kid. if i get it\install it before you get yours (i doubt it) than ill let you know.

I would never own anything made by Kove, their business pratices ****, and their prez is an ass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Kove paid people a few years ago to go on car audio sites like this and pretend to be loyal owners of Kove products, and give them rave reviews. This is completely unacceptable to me, and when it happened completely tuned me off to ever using their products.

I would never own anything made by Kove, their business pratices ****, and their prez is an ass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Kove paid people a few years ago to go on car audio sites like this and pretend to be loyal owners of Kove products, and give them rave reviews. This is completely unacceptable to me, and when it happened completely tuned me off to ever using their products.
thats pretty shady right there

Yeah, it raised a pretty big stink at the time he (Kovener, prez of Kove) was caught doing it. The temper tantrum he threw when I asked him about in person at SBN that year (I asked nicely too) sealed the deal, Kovener is an ass and his company can go chapt 11 for all I care. Id chose the SX over that sub, on principle alone.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

EDIT: Is that really an armegeddon that you linked too? I remember them actually saying armageddon on the cone...don't know just wondering.
Yes. Those aren't being sold by Kove, they were sold to PE by the buildhouse (or being sold through PE by the buildhouse), which is the reason they have no badging. PE wouldn't be able to sell them as Kove subs without an okay from Kove (which isn't really needed since the buildhouse is selling/sold them anyways)

Also, what do you guys think of this http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-420 even thought it says it's for in home use.

Good sub. Pretty comparable to a Tempest.

Yeah, it raised a pretty big stink at the time he (Kovener, prez of Kove) was caught doing it. The temper tantrum he threw when I asked him about in person at SBN that year (I asked nicely too) sealed the deal, Kovener is an ass and his company can go chapt 11 for all I care. Id chose the SX over that sub, on principle alone.
Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

Remember, those aren't being sold by Kove, and as far as I know Kove isn't getting any portion of the proceeds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif So, for all intents and purposes, Kove is completely out of the loop.

Yes, out of the loop -directly-, but someone bought them from Kove, to resell. And, I wouldn't even own a used Kove product, again for principle. It supports the company, even if indirectly. But, I have no angst for anyone who does use their product, just voicing my view on the subject, as I told Kovener I would do so after he finished yelling at me for simply mentioning a sore subject. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yes, out of the loop -directly-, but someone bought them from Kove, to resell. And, I wouldn't even own a used Kove product, again for principle. It supports the company, even if indirectly. But, I have no angst for anyone who does use their product, just voicing my view on the subject, as I told Kovener I would do so after he finished yelling at me for simply mentioning a sore subject. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

lol after he got done yelling you shoulda punched him in the face.... TWICE!!!!!! im also lookin at that Dayton sub... if its usable for car audio.

Actually, it was a good feeling walking away from him the bigger man. President of a company acting like my g/f's 5 year old... putz. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

BTW, I did not tell that story to try to coerce you into not buying their product. By all means, do so if its your best option, I wouldn't blame you. I just like letting people know, in case they feel the same way as me after finding out what Kove has done, just like I promised Kovener I would. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

lol i understand your logic. that sub just looks so sexy though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.